PDA

View Full Version : BH Image on DM800HD

george2000
16th January, 2010, 08:48 PM
Hi guys a little help for a newbie to the satellite scene, i have now had my new 800HD for a little over a week now and still learning about it.
I have flashed a image called (NabiloBlackHole_DM800_0.12_BU_19.10.09) on to my box and this image seems to have a few cams build in

My questions are as follows
1. what magic can this image do? on 28.2E if any?, or do i have to look at the Cs side of things, and if so where do i look?
2. Do the cams need to be set up or are they automatic?
3. If i wish to use my existing S*y card in the DM800 what do i need to do to get it to work (a step by step guide would be useful) as i am having trouble geting my head around it,
i have selected the various Newcam/cccam options in the blue panel but to no avail.

George2000:confused:

soviet
16th January, 2010, 09:55 PM
Hi guys a little help for a newbie to the satellite scene, i have now had my new 800HD for a little over a week now and still learning about it.
I have flashed a image called (NabiloBlackHole_DM800_0.12_BU_19.10.09) on to my box and this image seems to have a few cams build in

My questions are as follows
1. what magic can this image do? on 28.2E if any?, or do i have to look at the Cs side of things, and if so where do i look?
2. Do the cams need to be set up or are they automatic?
3. If i wish to use my existing S*y card in the DM800 what do i need to do to get it to work (a step by step guide would be useful) as i am having trouble geting my head around it,
i have selected the various Newcam/cccam options in the blue panel but to no avail.

George2000:confused:

1. They do ~~~~ all if by magic you mean decrypting pay tv :D As you said with sat these days its either card share or buy a sub/

2. You will need to set up your cams. Ideally use cccam 2.1.3 which i will discuss below

3. Is your card the new white sly card? The internal reader of the dm800 runs at a higher voltage than what the sky cards normally run at and there have been reports of the dm800 burning the card.

If you have a sly white card then install cccam 2.1.3 off the nabilo servers in your image. I forgot what button on the remote it was but I think its yellow.

CCam will install and then you will have to edit the config file for cccam. FTP into your dreambox and go to var/etc and download the cccam config file to your desktop.

Open that file up with notepad and you will need to enter your sky boxkey in the config. If you are using the internal reciever then the line for boxkey is

BOXKEY: /dev/sci0 AA BB CC DD

Where AA BB etc is the box key. Search for nds boxkey generator, this is a key obtained from your sky box serial code and card and will clear the channels.

george2000
16th January, 2010, 11:39 PM
Hi Soviet
Thanks for the reply i can not seem to see a cccam config file in var/etc folder
i currently have cccam 2.1.2 not sure where to get the update? is it from the blue panel?
there seems to be two types from dreamboxtool if i have to carry out a manual install

dctyper
17th January, 2010, 09:42 AM
you will need and external card reader to be safe and install newcs/cccam 2.1.2 or whatever the version is now. press the green button then yellow for addons. the select cams. they will dl and install

george2000
17th January, 2010, 11:00 AM
Thanks Dctyper downloaded latest version 2.1.3 althou there were two types complete and bin. i downloaded the complete is that correct? and do i still need to carry out the method mentioned by soviet and modify the cccam.cfg file?

Do you also have a recomendtion for a external card reader?

George2000

dctyper
17th January, 2010, 04:07 PM
dont modify the ccam untill you need to, ill have a look for a decent reader

dc

george2000
17th January, 2010, 06:59 PM
Cheers Dc will have a look for a decent card reader, what do you or any one else think of the Smargo smartreader+ plus external USB card reader?

soviet
17th January, 2010, 10:44 PM
Smargo's work with Cccam 2.1.3 which will also update your card.

Omnikeys are IMO a better purchase as they cost less than the smargo's and pretty much do the same thing but you cannot use them with cccam alone. You need to use newcs 1.6x (latest one) to read the card using omnikey and then share the card using cccam 2.1.2. Also this will not update your card entitlements so you will either

A) One of you client box use mgcamd
2) Put the Sly card in the Sly Receiver every once in a while

Oh and the cccam config if avaliable if you download the 'cccam full' package from your image panel or you can download just the config aswell.