PDA

View Full Version : How do you set up Eurovox EX5000

addyooo
2nd October, 2008, 08:27 PM
Trying to flash box i've got the software plus serial to u.s.b cable but P.C isn't picking up the box

norv
3rd October, 2008, 12:13 AM
same problem no responce from reciver when i try to down load.not happy

Jonpc
4th October, 2008, 05:31 AM
Trying to flash box i've got the software plus serial to u.s.b cable but P.C isn't picking up the box

same problem no responce from reciver when i try to down load.not happy

If your using Vista I wouldn't bother trying to get the USB adaptor working, if using XP read through this and make sure you have your USB adaptor driver installed if not you can also download it from this website.

USB to Serial Adapter driver downloads and documentation (http://www.gilsson.com/usb_drivers_download.htm)

rudeboi786
6th October, 2008, 03:32 PM
sorry to post this question in ur thread as i dont want to spam the site with the same questionas u.

ive had the same problem now i downloaded the drives on to my xp and when i conect the box i sellect download on the red screen.
it says waiting for box to comunicate or something and notthing seems to happen can somebody shread some light pleae

thankyou

edit.

seems like usb adapters are having problems comunicating with the ex5000 i did it drictley from a friends pc via a null cable and it was fine

so seems like some usb adapters wont work

marty3
2nd December, 2008, 11:39 PM
im having same problem :( driving me crazy, cant communicate with box at all, but it knows its there..

i dont have no access to a old computer with serial port either , any help would be muchly appriciated.

clit-eastwood
2nd December, 2008, 11:44 PM
sorry to post this question in ur thread as i dont want to spam the site with the same questionas u.

ive had the same problem now i downloaded the drives on to my xp and when i conect the box i sellect download on the red screen.
it says waiting for box to comunicate or something and notthing seems to happen can somebody shread some light pleae

thankyou

edit.

seems like usb adapters are having problems comunicating with the ex5000 i did it drictley from a friends pc via a null cable and it was fine

so seems like some usb adapters wont work

try making sure your cable is set on com1....i had the same problem ages ago, soon sorted when i got it on com 1

marty3
2nd December, 2008, 11:56 PM
no good for me :( i've tried all 4 of the com ports and all do the same thing.. It knows its connected to the correct port cus the pc can talk to box, but it seems box cant talk to pc :(

BL30
3rd December, 2008, 12:09 AM
with it all connected, have you tried switching th box on and off with the siwitch on the back of the box, it should start to download when you switch it back on

marty3
3rd December, 2008, 12:11 AM
no good for me :( i've tried all 4 of the com ports and all do the same thing.. It knows its connected to the correct port cus the pc can talk to box, but it seems box cant talk to pc :(

mickeychops
3rd December, 2008, 12:17 AM
just installed new firmware on my new ex5000 pvr this evening,all channels working (fuc###g arsenal),hooking box to pc was the easiest part,think youve got a driver prob,in device manager click on ports,shud say serial connected to port #.

marty3
3rd December, 2008, 12:25 AM
yes it says it in device manager. Thats the only way you can change ports..

Mickeychops. Please upload the exact driver you used for yours please.. Mine could be an older or newer version which maybe causing conflictions

.. Thanx in advance..

marty3
3rd December, 2008, 03:08 AM
Mickeychops?? could you please upload the driver please. so we can install it too

marty3
3rd December, 2008, 06:23 PM
or at least tell us the name and version number of usb to serial driver you used so others and myself could have the same success you had with it?

thanx

mickeychops
3rd December, 2008, 08:57 PM
this is it (just use the setup.exe) install this first then plug in adapter....

svincent
29th March, 2009, 01:05 PM
Please could you help me find a driver for USB to Serial convertor driver for Maplin ZP43W to allow it to work on Windows Vista.

Many Thanks.

lillybells
27th June, 2009, 08:46 PM
I am having the same problems.... has anyone managed to solve this problem yet????

tipsy
15th September, 2009, 02:11 AM
this is it (just use the setup.exe) install this first then plug in adapter....

This is the driver that i am looking for can you send it to me please