PDA

View Full Version : sam

sam iddon
3rd October, 2008, 10:28 AM
ive just bought new panasonic viera freesat plasma tv, the only ariel i have is 2 sky box, tv is saying i carnt get freesat??? i thought it all came from satalite dish?? Please help as tv areil men round here are muggers they will come scratch their chin & say this is going 2 be expensive! & as ive blown more than i could realy afford on tv im stuck with a dodgy liney picture???

krazylegz
3rd October, 2008, 12:09 PM
freesat does come from a dish pointing at 28.2e (sky's satellite so if you have a minidish already setup great) the new panasonic viera tv's have freesat built in, but you should be able to select normal or dvb services through your normal arial, if you already have sky in get a monoblock lnb and take 1 of the feeds direct to your tv so then if your recording something from the sky you could still watch the freesat on your tv

sam iddon
3rd October, 2008, 05:01 PM
freesat does come from a dish pointing at 28.2e (sky's satellite so if you have a minidish already setup great) the new panasonic viera tv's have freesat built in, but you should be able to select normal or dvb services through your normal arial, if you already have sky in get a monoblock lnb and take 1 of the feeds direct to your tv so then if your recording something from the sky you could still watch the freesat on your tv
im sorry im not following im a bit of a female tecno scaredy. i dont have a normal tv ariel just lead from sky dish 2 sky box then lead in to viera. please explain to me "numpy fashion" thanks for taking the time on a no hoper!! SAM

krazylegz
4th October, 2008, 12:52 AM
lol you either need a new lnb on your sky dish (with 2 wire outputs or more) and take 1 to your slybox and other to the tv, or inside you could try putting in a 2way splitter and take 1 feed to each the tv and sky box.

hope this helps sam

sam iddon
4th October, 2008, 09:27 PM
lol you either need a new lnb on your sky dish (with 2 wire outputs or more) and take 1 to your slybox and other to the tv, or inside you could try putting in a 2way splitter and take 1 feed to each the tv and sky box.

hope this helps sam

Thanks for that. i know you can get a 2 way splitter for normal tv ariel wire but i was under the assumption that sky ariel wire was different! but i will go 2 local tv shop & ask "they looked at me like i was barmy on Thursday when i went in 2 see what was wrong with my new telly" Heres hoping. Sam

sivhead
7th October, 2008, 10:09 PM
You need a dual LNB not a splitter. Can you not just unplug your satellite connection and stick it in your tv and perform a channel scan to test. Before forking out some cash.

sam iddon
8th October, 2008, 08:17 AM
You need a dual LNB not a splitter. Can you not just unplug your satellite connection and stick it in your tv and perform a channel scan to test. Before forking out some cash.
I have good news of sorts, i bought Sky ariel lead extension. undid sky box & plumbed in Viera "its bloody brilliant" down side is there is only 1 hd channel & thats BBC HD but the picture is amazing. Now the bad bit the tv shops up here are telling me that only one lead from sky dish can only one appliance ie: i can only have sky or freesat &im still trying to locate a splitter?? does any one know if i get a splitter & try 2 run both sky & freesat what will happen, i dont want anything blowing up!!! THANK for all your help??? SAM

Dreamer
8th October, 2008, 10:06 AM
im sorry im not following im a bit of a female tecno scaredy. SAM

So Sam are you saying your a girl or girls are technologically challenged, or are you saying you're just a guy who isn't very bright?

You haven't been to the introductions section and told us anything about yourself and I'm a nosey B. So unless I hear otherwise I'm gonna go with option 3.lol Only kidding! If you've never done something before, how are you supposed to know what you are doing? :fight:

p.s For your information. If you go ont ebay and type in "multiple output lnb" in the search box you will get a number of results. These lnb's have multiple connections on the base which allow you to connect more than one cable.

I just looked it up myself. ooh the wonders of the internet lol

Glad I'm not one of those technologically challenged females!:cheers:

sam iddon
10th October, 2008, 08:44 AM
So Sam are you saying your a girl or girls are technologically challenged, or are you saying you're just a guy who isn't very bright?

You haven't been to the introductions section and told us anything about yourself and I'm a nosey B. So unless I hear otherwise I'm gonna go with option 3.lol Only kidding! If you've never done something before, how are you supposed to know what you are doing? :fight:

p.s For your information. If you go ont ebay and type in "multiple output lnb" in the search box you will get a number of results. These lnb's have multiple connections on the base which allow you to connect more than one cable.

I just looked it up myself. ooh the wonders of the internet lol

Glad I'm not one of those technologically challenged females!:cheers:

I am a female Yes & very proud of it! & i wouldnt say tecnically challenged just electrically! But what do you expect when its these blokes that design & build all this stuff just to make us look stupid coz its very dificult to understand how any of theses electical things work! FEMALE PHYLOSOPHY plug it in turn it on & if it dont work its knackered!!. Right to bring you up to date LNB goes into back of dish, absolute NO NO means climbing a ladder & taking spanners etc, plus knowing me id probably knock dish out of alinement, so after a great deal of argument & being interogated by our local Sky/Ariel installer ive managed to buy a splitter ?10 flaming pounds they charged me for somat on ebay at ?1.58. " didnt look till after" so now need new ends as my original cable was not long enough to reach back of telly, so i bought extra lead, but only 1 set of ends. So now im paying for Sky but unable to watch it but my new telly is fab, just a shame theres nought on telly worth watching, last night was DIRE!!

boyzie
10th October, 2008, 11:37 AM
I am a female Yes & very proud of it! & i wouldnt say tecnically challenged just electrically! But what do you expect when its these blokes that design & build all this stuff just to make us look stupid coz its very dificult to understand how any of theses electical things work! FEMALE PHYLOSOPHY plug it in turn it on & if it dont work its knackered!!. Right to bring you up to date LNB goes into back of dish, absolute NO NO means climbing a ladder & taking spanners etc, plus knowing me id probably knock dish out of alinement, so after a great deal of argument & being interogated by our local Sky/Ariel installer ive managed to buy a splitter ?10 flaming pounds they charged me for somat on ebay at ?1.58. " didnt look till after" so now need new ends as my original cable was not long enough to reach back of telly, so i bought extra lead, but only 1 set of ends. So now im paying for Sky but unable to watch it but my new telly is fab, just a shame theres nought on telly worth watching, last night was DIRE!!
Aint you got a boyfriend or any friend that may be able to help you sam iddon?...You realy haven't got many probs,and just need a bit of help....Glad your tv's ok.

Dreamer
12th October, 2008, 11:26 AM
I am a female Yes & very proud of it! & i wouldnt say tecnically challenged just electrically!

Good for you girl!! I have to admit electronics if one of my weaknesses but I'm confident enough to do basic electrical stuff like changing light fittings sockets n easy stuff like that. As long as I've put off the mains power first! lol. I hate getting shocks. My evil brother used to do it to me all the time when I was young. He liked messing about with stuff and me being nosey was a big plus for him, he used to find more and more ingenious ways of scaring the shit out of me. lol

sam iddon
13th October, 2008, 08:47 AM
Aint you got a boyfriend or any friend that may be able to help you sam iddon?...You realy haven't got many probs,and just need a bit of help....Glad your tv's ok.
No hubby walked out end of August leaving me with 1x 2year old & 7 month baby, hense why i bought telly as im house bound every night, & whare we live there are so many people with differant opinions on freesat etc,ie telly shops & airel fitters plus they all want paid somehow, i thought there must be logical way to do this solo "so to speak" & when i found this site all you people seemed to know what your doing & talking about so i signed up & asked & its worked for me so thankyou to all who have helped.
I have heard ITV HD is soon to go on air does any1 know when?

sam iddon
13th October, 2008, 08:53 AM
Good for you girl!! I have to admit electronics if one of my weaknesses but I'm confident enough to do basic electrical stuff like changing light fittings sockets n easy stuff like that. As long as I've put off the mains power first! lol. I hate getting shocks. My evil brother used to do it to me all the time when I was young. He liked messing about with stuff and me being nosey was a big plus for him, he used to find more and more ingenious ways of scaring the shit out of me. lol
I was fearless of anything electrical till a girlfriend of mine split with her hubby bought a house & wanted ALOT of shelves put up so round i went with my Hammer Drill, rawl plugs etc, drilled wall & woke up sometime later havin drilled through electric cable & it threw me accross room & i knocked myself out on cuboard & god my arm was tingling for a week. So now slightly cautious of what i dont know or understand, but that dont stop me havin a go, ~~~~less im not!!

boyzie
13th October, 2008, 10:56 AM
I was fearless of anything electrical till a girlfriend of mine split with her hubby bought a house & wanted ALOT of shelves put up so round i went with my Hammer Drill, rawl plugs etc, drilled wall & woke up sometime later havin drilled through electric cable & it threw me accross room & i knocked myself out on cuboard & god my arm was tingling for a week. So now slightly cautious of what i dont know or understand, but that dont stop me havin a go, ~~~~less im not!!
That's it,don't give up,but please don't electrecute yourself.....:afraid:

scouses r us
1st December, 2008, 08:18 PM
did u get ur freesat & sky working yet if not ill post u something.. it mite work