PDA

View Full Version : struggle with A3 AKL (AVDI)

s5oslo
23rd September, 2020, 11:43 AM
Trying to da an AKL on a AUdi A3 2006 with simos 7 ECU
Have the AVDI key programming and Immo III/IV Megamos 48 Key Programming.

Trying to read ECU by OBD, but no success. Saying ECU is locked and leave ignition on, but its been on for like forever.

Using the option key programming / wizard / get pin/CS

Any suggestions? Autel/ZED also fails.

Thanks

rapidlocksmiths
23rd September, 2020, 03:37 PM
has someone been to it before you and had a go ? if so you have no idea of whats been messed up.

if no joy by obd then clocks out and try with nec or micronas cable on avdi or supervag . also try avdi by obd in standard mode , vag - key learning - standard - prepare dealer key - auto detect component security - then if you get 6 bytes sniff for 7th .

there are still a number of ecu variants and software versions not covered by avdi , no tool covers all ecu and software versions as so many .

try the obvious if someone has been out to it , try battery reset then try again , amazing what a reset can cure . are you getting comms , ie testers cmmunicating with car ? if not check fuses , also check obd port to ensure alls well if no comms.

you say ignition is on forever , soft reset would be ignition on for up to an hour do not turn it off , plug in and try again , or hard reset disconnect battery and clamp leads together for 10 mins to clear system then reconnect battery and try again.

but as i say not all ecu and software variants are covered , odd that its saying ecu is locked , find out if someone else has had a go as wouldnt be the first audi screwed by poor equipment , if lucky battery reset will clear it .

dmp
23rd September, 2020, 06:56 PM
Possible it has a tuned ecu? Encountered this when there is a tune and ecu is locked.

If that's the case has to be done through the clocks

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

ghostrider72
23rd September, 2020, 07:03 PM
No matter if it tuned or not. Never seen ecu locked by remap

super jumbe
23rd September, 2020, 07:40 PM
If you have OBDhelper you sould able to sort very easy.

p1et
23rd September, 2020, 08:41 PM
If you have OBDhelper you sould able to sort very easy.

Wrong answer :cold:

super jumbe
23rd September, 2020, 10:01 PM
Look ECU locked or not he need to read the instrument clock for pin and CS to make key how else he is going to make key!!!

rapidlocksmiths
23rd September, 2020, 10:07 PM
agree best solution is to remove and read clocks , but id try reset first as may just be a blip that reset will fix as it has done so many times especially after flat or low battery

s5oslo
24th September, 2020, 02:30 PM
Look ECU locked or not he need to read the instrument clock for pin and CS to make key how else he is going to make key!!!

Dont think I have anything to read micronas, just the 24c

fred77
24th September, 2020, 07:12 PM
Dont think I have anything to read micronas, just the 24c

I had a 2006 spare key jobbie once which dash locked and couldn't read ECU. Do wonder if ECU can be locked by remap.

Who knows - the way to go is remove dash and read with programmer.
XEP100 displays all CS info etc. Ok it costs alot but safer than modifying eeprom. You might be lucky and VVDI Prog might support now.

Either way not everything can be done via OBD. I factor that into price and charge accordingly

Jimmy07
24th September, 2020, 07:44 PM
Remap won’t lock ECU

It might on newer 1.6 TDi if not mapped properly. Seen maps affecting remote going in but not transponder

Evernemi
24th September, 2020, 10:05 PM
Have you got vvdi2? If yes , open dash read 24c32 , put in service mode & write back . If its a siemens injection you wont be able to read the ecu .

Evernemi
24th September, 2020, 10:06 PM
Vag obd helper won't work on micronas

rob h
25th September, 2020, 11:31 AM
Jtag programmer with micronas option.

Not ennough micronas jobs? Smok programmer does also have some free options.

mgullan
25th September, 2020, 12:54 PM
We use ALL KEY LOST function using Abrites747853

s5oslo
25th September, 2020, 04:19 PM
We use ALL KEY LOST function using Abrites747853

Doesnt this change the CS? So no more keys can be ordered from dealer?

fred77
26th September, 2020, 11:47 AM
Yeah that option believe re-writes CS.

bad idea

dtip
26th September, 2020, 02:14 PM
why don't you remove clocks and read just 24cXX and prepare it for service mode for any tool.... vvdi,avdi,carprog....

s5oslo
27th September, 2020, 11:50 AM
why don't you remove clocks and read just 24cXX and prepare it for service mode for any tool.... vvdi,avdi,carprog....

Well, reading 24C we could, but wouldnt we need to read the flash as well? Or am I wrong? 24c is encrypted?
Thats where it stops atm, as vvdi2 programmer doesnt support it. We would need XEP100Prog or something similar?

Sorry for all the noob questions, have not dealt with this one before. Just figured we could get 6 bytes of CS from ECU and brute force the last one.

rapidlocksmiths
27th September, 2020, 10:38 PM
very bad idea , i would never use the all keys lost option on avdi for these as will come back to haunt you at some point in future

fred77
29th September, 2020, 08:03 PM
It's terrible the manufactures have this option. will give our trade a bad name

If AVDI can read 6 of the 7 CS bytes via ECU then u can try going to pre-code key then -> find 7th byte.

Not sure if on A3 as I always removed dash now. I like it cos nothing is changed on car - ie no service mode.

s5oslo
29th September, 2020, 08:31 PM
It's terrible the manufactures have this option. will give our trade a bad name

If AVDI can read 6 of the 7 CS bytes via ECU then u can try going to pre-code key then -> find 7th byte.

Not sure if on A3 as I always removed dash now. I like it cos nothing is changed on car - ie no service mode.

Thanks for the input everyone.
Had to let this one go, but learned alot in the process.