PDA

View Full Version : Mercedes W211 Seat occupied emulator

Thistle1971
18th January, 2010, 01:49 PM
New to forum and would like more information on how to correct SRS fault in my E class (W211) without the effort of replacing the seat pad, i blieve you can but an emulator or insert a resistor? anyone able to help?

thanks

Denis

jogi
18th January, 2010, 01:55 PM
hi,

As far as I know you need an emulator. There are two sorts of emulators: for bosch srs and for temic srs systems.... I'm not sure how to determine which one you need.... What is the year of the car ?

regards

Thistle1971
18th January, 2010, 02:42 PM
Its a 2003 thanks

ibm
18th January, 2010, 04:40 PM
New to forum and would like more information on how to correct SRS fault in my E class (W211) without the effort of replacing the seat pad, i blieve you can but an emulator or insert a resistor? anyone able to help?

thanks

Denis

Use coding procedure in Star Diagnosis. No need emulator...

Thistle1971
18th January, 2010, 05:15 PM
I thought Star was dealer diagnostics? Can you programme it to bypass error? If so then I guess no dealer would do but i would need independent garage with star? Has anyone done this and can advise?

thanks again

Denis

mercis
18th January, 2010, 07:56 PM
you can program on dev.mode

Thistle1971
20th January, 2010, 12:50 PM
Thanks and do I now have to find someone with Star who knows what dev.mode is? sorry to be a pain but new to this?

Denis

Ding-Dong
20th January, 2010, 03:55 PM
I thought Star was dealer diagnostics? Can you programme it to bypass error? If so then I guess no dealer would do but i would need independent garage with star? Has anyone done this and can advise?

thanks again

Denis
Hi
u can also use the BOSCH KTS 570 to remove the SRS Light in ur DASH (through the Clear Error Memmory Option)

With regards

phillip correction
20th January, 2010, 10:38 PM
why are bothering with emulaters or developer mode on mercedes star
just get it fixed correctly it is there as a safety device for your passenger

Qrius
20th January, 2010, 11:13 PM

thanks

Denis

In Developer mode , you have to disable AKZE in passenger seat , when you disable this feature , passenger airbag in Dashboard , will work ALLWAYS when crash signal come's from the front of the car , even if no passenger is sitting in this chair . So by an accident from the front,you allways have to buy a new Dashboard + dash airbag as well

Important !! : After you disabled AKZE in SRS unit ,you will notice you can't erase the fault , or another fault came back (fault coding).
To complete procedure , you have to unplug the Yellow AKZE connector under passenger seat , so SRS can't measure anything connected on this input port.
Now you can erase Fault codes in SRS , and your SRS light in Instrumentcluster will go off ;)

MUST READ !! Warning !! Warning !! After completing this procedure ,
make sure NEVER EVER a childseat will be mounted on this chair again Warning !! Warning !! (Warning sticker on Dash can save a childs life)

Everything discussed in this post is for experimental and educational purposes only
If you think this would help you :wink:
Please dot not forget to click THANKS

Thistle1971
22nd January, 2010, 03:47 PM
Thank you I now understand it

bokki
22nd January, 2010, 08:50 PM
You have emulator here
Mercedes Benz Seat Occupant sensor emulator - Type2 (http://www.codecard.lt/airbag/mercedes-benz/mercedes-benz-seat-occupant-sensor-emulator-type2/prod_244.html)

DB_member
16th December, 2010, 08:13 AM
Important !! : After you disabled AKZE in SRS unit ,you will notice you can't erase the fault , or another fault came back (fault coding).
To complete procedure , you have to unplug the Yellow AKZE connector under passenger seat , so SRS can't measure anything connected on this input port.
Now you can erase Fault codes in SRS , and your SRS light in Instrumentcluster will go off ;)

Qrius or anyone else, when you say "unplug the AKZE connector", I guess you mean it should be sufficient to just unplug the connector from the sensor, no need to dismantle the connector or remove the wiring harness from the control unit?

I'm asking because a friend of mine tried this on a W639, the connector was detached but the fault codes did not go away even after the sensor was supposed to have been coded off via the developer menus.

Is W639 different from a W211 for some reason? There should be another option via standard menus, the Special functions menu. If I request a password for that menu, should this work any better?

Or do you think the developer mode coding was after all not done correctly (looking at it from simulation mode, there does not seem to be many options instead of just finding the AKZE sensor setting and coding it "not present").

The emulator that was mentioned above would be another option but spending some 55 to 85 Euros does not make sense if this can be coded.

Edited: I had forgotten this thread. The car was properly coded via Special functions, airbag operational but a different seat and no seat sensor in use. The car did not have any child seat sensor originally, just the occupancy sensor, so no safety issue. The blinking SRS light was a surprise until I realised the control unit was not locked.

Qrius
22nd December, 2010, 04:42 PM
Qrius or anyone else, when you say "unplug the AKZE connector", I guess you mean it should be sufficient to just unplug the connector from the sensor, no need to dismantle the connector or remove the wiring harness from the control unit?

I'm asking because a friend of mine tried this on a W639, the connector was detached but the fault codes did not go away even after the sensor was supposed to have been coded off via the developer menus.

Is W639 different from a W211 for some reason? There should be another option via standard menus, the Special functions menu. If I request a password for that menu, should this work any better?

Or do you think the developer mode coding was after all not done correctly (looking at it from simulation mode, there does not seem to be many options instead of just finding the AKZE sensor setting and coding it "not present").

The emulator that was mentioned above would be another option but spending some 55 to 85 Euros does not make sense if this can be coded.

when you say "unplug the AKZE connector", I guess you mean it should be sufficient to just unplug the connector from the sensor
Correct !

I guess you should check your coding, i have done it on W639 as well.
It might be the case that you have to "unlock" and Lock"(entriegelen- verriegelen) the unit during coding

florinyes
31st August, 2011, 03:52 PM
Hi guys

ressurecting this thread as I find myself confused??

Done a W211 seat mat deactivation a while back..I can't recall any probs..

Now just tring to do it on another one and I can't get to the bottom of it??

First I can't find the procedure for deactivation? Is it on actuations or variant coding??

Can someone post the steps please?

Cheers

florinyes
31st August, 2011, 04:20 PM
Sorted it! Had to open the eyes properly..After a long weekend away all seems more difficult to handle..:questionmark::questionmark:

trigital
31st August, 2011, 07:29 PM

MUST READ !! Warning !! Warning !! After completing this procedure ,
make sure NEVER EVER a childseat will be mounted on this chair again Warning !! Warning !! (Warning sticker on Dash can save a childs life)

Everything discussed in this post is for experimental and educational purposes only
If you think this would help you :wink:
Please dot not forget to click THANKS

W211 has no separate Yellow AKZE connector under passenger seat. Please edit this post!

Usually, Mr Qrius gave only good advices, but this post is about putting life in danger, especially for young children!!!

No software allowed on this forum...

florinyes
31st August, 2011, 09:11 PM
W211 has no separate Yellow AKZE connector under passenger seat. Please edit this post!

Usually, Mr Qrius gave only good advices, but this post is about putting life in danger, especially for young children!!!

No software allowed on this forum...

Now you're talking crap..Just did one today and done another one some time back..There IS Yellow AKZE connector.

florinyes
31st August, 2011, 09:15 PM
Also kids should be sitting on the back seats..

I've done what customer asked me..Customer comes first..If I chosse not to do it, some other bloke would've do it for him anyway..

pratpate
29th November, 2011, 01:18 PM
Ive got a similar issue on a customers E320 CDI V6, can you please post how I go about doing this. Again its at the request of the customer, Ive got DAS in Dev mode.

Thanks

florinyes
29th November, 2011, 09:25 PM
Ive got a similar issue on a customers E320 CDI V6, can you please post how I go about doing this. Again its at the request of the customer, Ive got DAS in Dev mode.

Thanks

Just do your homework before poping in with a question..Is all there in the front of you..just read.

:party:

mastermario71
20th March, 2012, 01:13 AM

mirovasi
31st October, 2012, 07:14 PM
Can launch x431 do this on clk 2003 year

ALVARES
31st October, 2012, 11:27 PM
Mercedes W211 Airbag Sensor Occupant Emulator (http://www.ecuvonix.com/mercedes-w211-airbag-sensor-occupant-emulator-p-709.html)

mirovasi
1st November, 2012, 09:53 PM
Mercedes W211 Airbag Sensor Occupant Emulator (http://www.ecuvonix.com/mercedes-w211-airbag-sensor-occupant-emulator-p-709.html)

I know for emulator,did anybody try with lauch like start diagnose method.

chakahafed
1st November, 2012, 11:49 PM
Launch dont have developoer mode .

Envoy? depuis mon GT-I9300 avec Tapatalk

Lexas
10th January, 2013, 12:07 PM
Please, need help asap. Cant find how to bypass passenger seat ocupant sensor on w220. Doing this first time. Where should i go when enter dev mode? Thank you

OK, sort it by self. anyway, good tread. :)

mercis
10th January, 2013, 12:37 PM
Please, need help asap. Cant find how to bypass passenger seat ocupant sensor on w220. Doing this first time. Where should i go when enter dev mode? Thank you

airbag. entwicklungsdaten-coding read and change
you find AKSE-no AKSE
confirm
unlock wire from akse