PDA

View Full Version : crafter kess wrong security code

neilmch
3rd October, 2020, 07:04 PM
VW crafter with ecu edc16cp34 - kess unable to communicate with ecu, "wrong security code".

Have been told to leave the ignition on for 30 mins and it will allow access.

Any one know if this would work?

smotorsport
3rd October, 2020, 07:38 PM
In most cases it would, if not best way is to read with ktag on bench.

peechie
3rd October, 2020, 07:57 PM
VW crafter with ecu edc16cp34 - kess unable to communicate with ecu, "wrong security code".

Have been told to leave the ignition on for 30 mins and it will allow access.

Any one know if this would work?

Neil, try KLINE

neilmch
3rd October, 2020, 08:47 PM
Just been told that every error it gives it adds 30 mins, so 4 failed logins it will need to be left with ignition on for 2 hours......that means i need to leave the ignition on for a few days to be certain lol

Peechie mate, you know where i am at now, Right back where i started after first writing to the ecu, turns out that ori file thats has been corrected and back on is the one with the dodgy egr+dpf deleted and no speed limiter :beheaded:

Edited to add: just found this thread on the forum, crafter aswell - https://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php/823436-EDC16CP34-4-4-flash-counter-reset?highlight=kess+security+code

JoeBB
3rd October, 2020, 09:24 PM
it has rolling code. must always use and mod last file that started car!

neilmch
3rd October, 2020, 10:05 PM
can not even id, or read ecu as same error

Trice1001
4th October, 2020, 12:07 PM
Only BDM ! (Ktag)
For some days i have the same Problem! after 50 % Write the Brake up write. With MPPS and kess .
For 1 Year a friend have Flash same car with CMD and they brake up obd write too. I dont now whats Wrong with this shit ECU.