PDA

View Full Version : Ford Focus mk3 2.0 TDCI 163 HP 2012

Beyto
9th October, 2020, 03:29 PM
Hello Together,

i bought a Kess V2 Clone and now i want to read out the delphi dcm3.5 ECU. I heard some bad things about clones, so maybe if i try to read it out i will brick my ECU....
I will support my Battery with a charger and my Laptop as well.
So whats the odd for a unsusccesfull try ? Do you have any experiences with that car? Has anybody an Original File for that car, so maybe i can bring it to live if it is bricked.

Thanks for Support !:surprise:

bodzio012
9th October, 2020, 11:00 PM
This is you first car when you try use kess????
If you want to only read you not broke your ecu. But if you read you should attach in this thread and we check.

Styber
10th October, 2020, 08:21 AM
DCM 3.5 works fine(read&write) with kess clone 5.017.
Tested on Mondeo.

Beyto
10th October, 2020, 09:06 AM
Thx for Reply. I got a Clone 5.017 with 2.53 SW. Someone told me to read in Boot Mode so if something went wrong i would have whole Software from ECU.
@Styber: how long does it take ?

Styber
10th October, 2020, 09:49 AM
@Styber: how long does it take ?
Approx 5 min or less.

btw
You can easily find original calibration files for Ford on web and compare with what kess read :)

Beyto
10th October, 2020, 11:08 AM
thats what i wanted to do. I will do a compare.

Besides do you have any hints for tuning files for this ECU? Otherwise i have to buy i think

Beyto
12th October, 2020, 10:24 PM
I read out PCM Via Kess. REading was succesfull and i could compare wirh the Calibration file from Internet but i saw alot of Differences but i have to say the Calibration file is a .vbf file so may it has more Information. I think kess read just the maps out. Please feel free to look at the Original File and let me know it is ok or not.

bigbang63
22nd April, 2021, 09:38 AM
hi, do you tryed to write with your kess? I think this ecu DELPHI DCM3.5 is all right read write with kess clone 5.017 , I red lot's of good feedback with this tool. Can someone confirm ? thanks