PDA

View Full Version : D500S - Problems adding channels

miastt
3rd October, 2008, 09:23 PM
Hi.

Fairly new to all of this, and appologise if I am going over old ground / stating the obvious.

Got a 500s, with Mgcamd_1.30 and version 1.1 on it, along with some keys - (all thanks to a friend, as I don't think I would have known where to start).

I have connected it to a standard S*Y feed.

When I search for channels, all I am getting are ones under the BskyB provider. This is not what I am looking for, as I am hoping to enjoy all of the foreign European channels that transmit on the sats that I am searching.

Please could somebody give me a numptys guide to finding and adding channels. I am particularly keen on channels on the 23.5E Astra3 and 1.0W Intelsat 10-02 to start off with.

Any help / advice would be greatly received.

Thanks in advance

MIASTT

.: JaCkPoT :.
3rd October, 2008, 11:02 PM
A sky feed will only give you channels on 28.2east. To watch them satellites you need a motor as they all face in different directions.

emmanneil
4th October, 2008, 06:00 AM
it also depends on what dish you are using, if it is the standard sLY dish then you wont get that much unless it is a zone 2 but even then it wont get everything you reeally need a bigger dish if this is the case and a motor to move from one sat to the other
hope this helps:party:

hackenz
4th October, 2008, 10:22 AM
Also consider a dish with a multi LNB set up.

Hackenz