PDA

View Full Version : turn on vw speed limiter

neilmch
12th October, 2020, 06:27 PM
Hi all

Searching the forum i can find lots of posts about turning a limiter off but cant find any for turning it on. Im writing the ecu currently with a bdm 100 on cmd1255 software, there is a speed limit option where it reads the ecu then tells me the current limit and if i want to change it, says current is 104kph.

The limit is not on as the vehicle goes past this and changing the value still doesnt activate it.

Any advice on this?

vw crafter
2.5 tdi
edc16cp34.4
tachograph

Lambda1
12th October, 2020, 06:40 PM
files????????

bobolin4o
13th October, 2020, 08:00 AM
Mate, this Crafter become a huge saga...
Told you already, it is in the eeprom, post it here.
Post all files from the BDM readout...

neilmch
13th October, 2020, 05:13 PM
that is why i asked if you can read eeprom through obd, you said it cant be read that way so in theory if its in the eprom it shouldnt of effected the speed limiter as it was originally wrote through obd. sorry to ask so many questions for help, ill make this the last. promise :palm2:

here are the files read through cmd. Flash, eeprom and mpc?

Thank you

bobolin4o
14th October, 2020, 08:37 AM
Initially you post two files, one OBD read and one BDM.
OBD was original file from the car, which have speed limiter, as you said.
The BDM read file was the file, which you read from the ECU after was flashed EcuSafe file with read protection.
I've made a file for BDM writing with restored seed keys (read protection) and a proper EGR and DPF off... nothing else!
I believe, that this file is now into ECU... why you post here the BDM read, which is with the flash file from Ecusafe?
Really you make a huge mess here...
As i see, in the EEprom file have 190 km/h limit, but is not active.
For me, this is some mistery...

And finally, did you write my BDM file? Did you try after that to read and write trough OBD? If you can do this, write THIS file, trough OBD of course... and look if your speed limit is back again! If is not active, read again BDM and post here all files!
Regards!

neilmch
14th October, 2020, 05:03 PM
Hi Mate

ok just to recap, here is the events from this problem;

1 - i Wrote a file modded with ecu safe by OBD with Kess to the ecu. Van run but lost speed limiter and OBD access
2 - Drove the van 125 miles to peechie (forum user.) Read with ktag and flashed new bdm and van wouldnt start. Peechie then couldnt reflash due to saying incomplete file. Van not running, Towed home 125 miles.
3 - Took ecu and paid a tuner who managed to write the bdm peechie read from my ecu back to it with a old galleto tool as ktag wouldnt work (genuine ktag). Van running but egr dpf back on still no limiter.
4 - Bought a bdm100, jig, soldering iron, pins and made a setup that reads the ecu.
5 - Loaded a file that yourself (bobolin4o) kindly sent me (written to ext flash). Van runs perfect but still no speed limiter or OBD access.
6 - Read the files off the ecu (ext flash, mpc5xx flash, serial e2prom) then uploaded those to this post.

Today i have tried to flash onto the ecu the file you have added to this post but it gives me the error "select a full ecu file" if trying to flash as one file, in advanced if i try to flash it to ext flash i get the error "unrecognised file". I can flash the file you sent me before that has the same name so not sure if they are different files?

i have attached screen shots so you can see and maybe point out if i am doing something wrong please. The file i have attached is (i believe) the one you sent a few days ago that i have just this second flashed to ecu.

I do appreciate all your help and bearing with me, i am new to this.

will post full ecu file shortly, reading it now

Thanks mate

neilmch
14th October, 2020, 05:27 PM
Here is the file it gives me when reading ecu in single file option as in picture...

morgano
15th October, 2020, 12:44 AM
and which limit you want in van?

neilmch
15th October, 2020, 12:56 AM
Hi

Im looking for 104kph if possible. (105kph is top of allowance on 100kph limit)

bobolin4o
15th October, 2020, 06:53 AM
But, if the files in the "bdm100crafter.zip" are read after you flash MY file... It is not true, because they are different!!!
They have difference even in boot block of the flash! I mean - the very first BDM read and the last BDM read.
Or i'm lost, or you...
Of course you can't flash my second file - it is for OBD flashing. The names of these two files, which i gave you are different...
But the main question is - why the hell the file is different in your last BDM read - it is not my BDM file. And of course you can't flash trough OBD again, because the file, which is in the ECU now is same EcuSafe file with protection!

So, please, flash again THIS (https://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=752726&d=1602690804) file with BDM and read it again with BDM, post it here!

jurebv
15th October, 2020, 08:42 AM
there's a switch in flash whether eeprom speed limiter is in use or not, so flash only needed for disabling it

bobolin4o
15th October, 2020, 11:13 AM
there's a switch in flash whether eeprom speed limiter is in use or not, so flash only needed for disabling it

Yes, i found it... and gave him file for obd flashing... but he created so huge mess...

neilmch
16th October, 2020, 07:09 AM
But, if the files in the "bdm100crafter.zip" are read after you flash MY file... It is not true, because they are different!!!
They have difference even in boot block of the flash! I mean - the very first BDM read and the last BDM read.
Or i'm lost, or you...
Of course you can't flash my second file - it is for OBD flashing. The names of these two files, which i gave you are different...
But the main question is - why the hell the file is different in your last BDM read - it is not my BDM file. And of course you can't flash trough OBD again, because the file, which is in the ECU now is same EcuSafe file with protection!

So, please, flash again THIS (https://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=752726&d=1602690804) file with BDM and read it again with BDM, post it here!

I have opened up the ecu again

Tried flashing your file to "write ecu" but get the error "not a full ecu file"
I have then flashed it in the advanced options using "write 29BDD160GB" Completed ok

Here are the files read after writing for ;-
"read 29bdd160gb"
"read mpc563/4"
"read e2prom"
"read ECU"

hopefully this shows your file is on the ecu

bobolin4o
16th October, 2020, 09:21 AM
Now it is MY file, except the 3 bits in the boot area...
WTF???
The other strange thing is, that i did not checksum in my file, and as i see, your BDM100 did not correct it too...
The car starts now?
If starts - let it to work at least 40 minutes. Turn the engine off, wait 1 minute and try to start it again. If starts... turn it off, wait one minute...
After that you must be able to read it trough OBD. If you can to read it - post the read file here!

neilmch
17th October, 2020, 08:06 PM
Took the van for a1 hour drive today, started and runs perfect. After turning off it has started fine again.
When writing your file the BDM100 showed, "optimizing" then "checksum successfully updated" and a green "ok" appeared in the text line before it started writing the blocks.

Plugged in my Kess, tried to ID and READ from ecu through OBD and get the same "Incorrect Pass Code" every time. I dont think it is my Kess thats at fault as when Peachy originally tried (forum user) obd with his Kess he had the same result, he also couldnt read obd with MPPS or Gtech. Diagnostic tools still work through obd.

Does it have to be a OBD file to turn the limiter back on?

bobolin4o
19th October, 2020, 06:54 AM
So... a few weeks ago i have same situation with T5, 2.5 R5 PD engine...
Someone was made EcuSafe mess in the ECU.
Flashed BDM original file - no OBD acces with KESS, FG, MPPS...
Did the job with FG BDM...
After 2 weeks, customer came back for tuning... tryed OBD with FG and it works.
I told you, that there is Security wait time, because of wrong login (seed key) and obviously it is still active...
Now, flash this file, again with BDM100, MUST have speed limiter back! And after some time, you must have OBD acces too.

But the question, why there are differences in the boot sector in the flash after writhing my file, stays open...
Before a years ago i saw, that BDM100 correct the checksum even in a file, which is read with it, from an ECU, which is untouched, from working car... That's why i don't use it.

bobolin4o
21st October, 2020, 03:27 PM
And... what happens? Or all is fine now and no time to say...