PDA

View Full Version : Peugeot Millage Correction - Understanding

Anton2k
15th October, 2020, 07:20 PM
Hi guys,

I've been trying to find out how I can adjust the millage on a couple of vehicles.

First up is a Peugeot RCZ, from what I can gather the BSI is BSI04EV K01-00 and it uses Johnston controls? I really don't know what any of this means, this is why I am posting here. I have read a number of Facebook pages and forums and people are saying you can do millage correction on this car via the OBD port and that's all you need, then they recommend a whole number of tools like xtool, digiprog, obdstar etc. ect. Some other people are saying that the dash also has to be removed and the EEPROM chip read, modified on a hex editor to the desired millage and re-written. They also say I need to set the BSI to 0 then the BSI will take the millage from the dash EEPROM, it's all rather confusing.

The second vehicle is a Peugeot boxer (64 plate facelift so really 2015?) people are saying the millage can be corrected on this via OBD as well as having to take out the dash and update the EEPROM and a whole load of other contradictory things.

I'm hoping you guys can help break things down for me, my main questions are below.

1. For the Peugeot RCZ and the BSI I mentioned above, can I correct the millage using only a tool via the OBD port or must I take another approach, dash out EEPROM etc? if it's just a matter of getting a tool can you recommend one you know that will work.

2. For the Peugeot Boxer more or less the same thing, is there a machine that can do everything via the OBD or will I need to go down the EEPROM route. Again if it's just a matter of getting a tool can you recommend one?

3. If it is a matter of having to take the dash out and get at the EEPROM can you point me in the right direction with regards to tools?

4. If I need to modify the EEPROM then I am presuming I must still need to update the BSI and therefore still need some OBD tool to update the millage on that as well?

Lastly I'm a developer and tinker on and off with Ardunio and have jtaged stuff in the past etc so I am all ears an willing to learn if you can through some resources my way.

Very Best Regards!
Anton

brend
15th October, 2020, 07:28 PM
Welcome to DK!

jomberykaso
15th October, 2020, 07:37 PM
Check your Inbox notifications.

Diagcar1
15th October, 2020, 08:47 PM
Next post in 2030?

Anton2k
15th October, 2020, 09:00 PM
Next post in 2030?
Lol hopefully not! can you add anything to this thread though?

Thanks,
Anton

Diagcar1
15th October, 2020, 09:08 PM
RCZ dash out eep, BSi OBDII
Boxer only dash OBDII

Anton2k
15th October, 2020, 09:11 PM
Thanks, any OBDII tool recommendations? or could the BSI also be done using the EEPROM on the BSI?