PDA

View Full Version : Sat Help

TopGun
4th October, 2008, 01:40 PM
Hi DK :hello:

Objective:

To be able to watch most of premiership matches which i understand is on these channels below on Thor 5.
C+ Sports 1 (D/N/F/S)
C+ Sports 2 (D/N/F/S)
C+ Sports Extra (D/N/F/S)

Equipment:

Dish? 90cm is that too big or too small?
Receiver? I was thinking Dreambox as i have experience with the cable version.

Would i need any other equipment?

Thanks keep up the good work and help or suggestions would be grateful :cheers:

.: JaCkPoT :.
4th October, 2008, 03:33 PM
Dish depends on location.
A dreambox will be good. But youll need a cam like diablo2.3 or dragon or trex or you can do with a gamma card or m2. Whilst your at it you will be able to watch other channels on thor which show football like galaxie sport, prima tv, rtl, eurosport fapl etc so you shouldnt miss a match.

TopGun
4th October, 2008, 09:03 PM
I am located in the north of england near newcastle.

Sadiq999uk you mention a gamma card so will this mean i would have to get a card programmer then start looking around for keys.

4th October, 2008, 10:17 PM
90 should be alright but opt for 1m as when the weather gets bad you may lose signal.

4th October, 2008, 10:18 PM
you can buy gammas pre programmed but then u`ll need a cas3 programmer when the file expires, which is every 3 months or so.

TopGun
5th October, 2008, 12:09 PM
Are these files easy to find?

Thanks for your help, just need to get price hunting :)

So its

1m dish
Dreambox - S
Gamma card with cas2 programmer.

Will it need a cam.

5th October, 2008, 12:49 PM
The files can be found easily if you do a google search. I would buy a diablo cam it is easier to run than a programmed card and cas in MY OPINION.

TopGun
5th October, 2008, 01:33 PM
Don't you need a CAS3 programmer still to update the cam version?

TopGun
19th October, 2008, 10:03 PM
Whats good but cheap receiver?

cheers

Curious123
19th October, 2008, 10:20 PM
Get yourself a clone DM600 the Dm500 will do the job but you will find the clone DM600 will be much better. Leave the Diablo cams and gamma cards for now as the softcams and cardshare will open these channesl for you but if you find you can't open the channels than get the Diablo cams and gamma cards. The 1m dish is definetly better as find I can get 100% signal on some of the channels with my 1m dish and dm600.

19th October, 2008, 10:46 PM
A dreambox will be the best as curious says for this objective. You will then be able to watch those channels your after via cardshare.

TopGun
2nd September, 2009, 12:12 PM
sorry to bump this post, but is this information still valid? i heard there were big changes with encryption.

tvadict
2nd September, 2009, 03:00 PM
yes info still valid. but digi tv on 1w will be changing its security platform soon.

i have a 500s and am opening this package with soft cams and keys. no need to buy gamma, diablo, etc.