PDA

View Full Version : Fix airbag Mercedes e55 AMG 2003

pinch
19th January, 2010, 05:10 PM
I need to turn off the airbag light in a MB E55 AMG 2003, what do I need ?
Can it be done with Carsoft MB 7,4 multiplexer clone ?
Or can I reprogram ECU with Xprog-T ?

Regards

Jose19
19th January, 2010, 06:53 PM
I need to turn off the airbag light in a MB E55 AMG 2003, what do I need ?
Can it be done with Carsoft MB 7,4 multiplexer clone ?
Or can I reprogram ECU with Xprog-T ?

Regards
Give more details of what you need.

The light torn on because of acident ?
Have you make diag?
What default codes gives you?

Jose

pinch
19th January, 2010, 07:27 PM
The car has been in a accident and has been repaired, the airbags have been replaced.
No diagnostic equipment has been hooked up to it yet.
The battery has been off for a couple of months.
I am going to have a look at it this weekend and wants to be prepared, I am going to hook up the Carsoft MB 7,4 multiplexer first to see what it says.
Can you turn off the light from that program ?

Regards

bassam
19th January, 2010, 07:58 PM
if the scanner Carsoft give you a internal fault or crash data you must remove the control module and repair but in the original mercedes benz star you can reprogram the control module without removed

Dajan2009
19th January, 2010, 10:37 PM
AFAIK You can't turn off your airbag light on a E class W211 model with Carsoft 7.4 because it doesn't support CAN bus, but only K-lines. It seems to me that airbag on that model is only diagnosable through CAN, so You need Carsoft with CAN (some blablapro model) or a Star diagnosis. If You go for the Star option You can also (it seems to me too) clear your crash data from the control module.
Cheers:wavey:

Jose19
20th January, 2010, 12:37 AM
AFAIK You can't turn off your airbag light on a E class W211 model with Carsoft 7.4 because it doesn't support CAN bus, but only K-lines. It seems to me that airbag on that model is only diagnosable through CAN, so You need Carsoft with CAN (some blablapro model) or a Star diagnosis. If You go for the Star option You can also (it seems to me too) clear your crash data from the control module.
Cheers:wavey:
Yes friend, you are correct, but sometimes only can clear crash dtc opening ecu and clear manually on mcu, after 3 crash.

Jose