PDA

View Full Version : clean up pc

mcmasterg
31st March, 2008, 10:52 AM
Hi all
does anyone know a safe a quick way to clear eveything of the pc but leave stuff like windows internet and nero basicly all the crap you end up downoading and use only once or twice i would just like to take my pc back to the begining loke it was when i first brought it home. i have tryed system restore but it wont let me go back far enough??

soz 1 more how can i clean up hat is opening next to the clock on the pc it is reaaly slowing the start up of the pc i know this is easy done i just cant mind how to do it

thank you 1 and all

allycoops
31st March, 2008, 10:59 AM
Unless you have restore disks or a restore partition on your Hard drive the only way your gona get the pc back to when you bought it, is doing a format and reinstalling xp, drivers and any software you want.

to clean up programs starting up when pc starts

Click on start/run and type "msconfig" without the quotes, click on "Startup" and remove any programs from the list that starts up when you boot your PC, dont play about with anything else as you may make your pc unstable.

smirnoff_rules
31st March, 2008, 05:24 PM
u can use your-uninstaller 2008 , great program for cleaning your crap off .. pm me l will send u a link

biffo1
31st March, 2008, 07:06 PM
crap as in proggys and stuff even simpler go to add/remove in control panel and remove from there restart pc and go to c/program files and delete the rest from there , spyware and stuff i use xoftspy, and spy sweeper , like previous posts its must easier to wipe it , get it how u want it as in just the proggs u need then back it up either use Acronis or norton ghost

vishybaby
15th April, 2008, 11:48 AM
Use up to date virus/spyware to clean virus spyware
use tuneup utilities to remove registry issues
then do a disk difragmented

jaba101
19th April, 2008, 09:52 PM
Easyier to just do a complete rebuild and install the needed software>