PDA

View Full Version : Can i use file sent from ecu tunner to multiple ecu's ?

digipan
31st October, 2020, 11:47 PM
Guys/girls
hello,
i m wondering, there are two types of ecu according to ktag (clone) for my car,
supposing that my brother's car ( same year & same model ) has the same ecu e.g EDC17_C59,
can i use the file that the tunner will sent me for both cars?
Sorry if it sounds stupid but i am new to this.
Thank you for any kind of help you might give me.

Leeetoyo
31st October, 2020, 11:52 PM
That’s not possible on modern ecu types as checksums will be a problem. Also the stored injector coding will not match.

Please don’t forget ‘thanks’ button if I helped!

arvedo
31st October, 2020, 11:56 PM
if you use original flex, cmd, kees. and makes virtual reading, if they are the same version, of course you can write

digipan
1st November, 2020, 12:34 AM
i use master version ktag (clone i guess) . is there anyway i can read the file and isolate the new program added, to add it myself to the other ecu? with no harm done?

digipan
1st November, 2020, 12:45 AM
That’s not possible on modern ecu types as checksums will be a problem. Also the stored injector coding will not match.

Please don’t forget ‘thanks’ button if I helped!

so , me having a basic knowledge do you suggest that i should find out about checksums problems and software to repair it, or should i leave it for the pros to do it?
i had in mind to see the difference between the old and the new one and "copy paste" into the correct spots. you think i can make it?
once again i m sorry but i have little or no knowledge about ecu programming. sorry if i sound stupid

bodzio012
1st November, 2020, 09:46 AM
Why not attach your files?
It's enaugh compare 2 orginal files, if not the same one car of then not start or but start not drive good.

Beyto
1st November, 2020, 06:25 PM
FIrst of all, read both ECU and compare Identification Data. After Reading ECU Compare both Ori files. If they same/identicak then you can use it !

digipan
3rd November, 2020, 09:38 PM
thank you all for your help.in case i stuck again i will bust your @@ with my silly questions again. i really appreciate it

maxizeta
15th November, 2020, 03:33 AM
Is possible with ecm.titanium