PDA

View Full Version : Renault dealer keep breaking my lights.

shortyball
31st March, 2008, 11:14 AM
Recently got a new shape meane from a local dealer and it has had to go back twice in the last couple of months because an ignition coil keeps going. Different one everytime.
Now its all covered by policy so i take it back they replace it for free, but everytime they phone up saying you lights have gone do you want us to fix it. It will be 30?. The first time i agreed knowing they were fine when they went in, but then they tried to make out it was the same problem again.
But i checked the lights were fine when the car went in, so is this a common thing to try and get some cash for labour hours. As lights/tyres/exhaust are not in my policy.
i dont want to put new halogen bulbs in for the one of the two remaining non-replace coils to go and for them to break bulbs when it goes in.

has anyone else had similar problems.

smirnoff_rules
31st March, 2008, 12:30 PM
just tell them u dont want them changed m8 and go to a small garage for that .. they should of changed the 4 coil pencils really

krazylegz
1st April, 2008, 01:41 AM
as smirnoff says the garage is meant to change all 4 coils and it is very common fault on reanault petrol engines them going.

my bother works at reg vardy (well evan halshaw now) and he brought home a big carrier bag full one day as the mechanics had loads lying around due to only changing the broke one when people get charged for 4.

as for the bulbs tell them to ~~~~ off;)

hammered
12th April, 2008, 04:02 PM
Hi Re coils same on 2003 clio brought set of ebay after rac charged me ?80.00 for one. Seems standard fault on all petrol renaults, though re the over charge I have had a renault dealer say I needed a new tyre when it was only a puncture repair, found a local garage who is honest as they come now. Best to get the rest of the coils done.

dctyper
1st June, 2008, 05:06 PM
as a previous service manager of a citroen/renult and hyundai garage. its common practice to get bulbs changed on every visit. the usual is indicators going white(yeh right) tell them to show you the fault first. as for your coils. renults are now probably the most reliable diesel engines on the road and very good petrol engines but they do have cr@p coils lol

one of the biggest warranty claims