PDA

View Full Version : DM500s and Genuine S*y card

skinflint
4th October, 2008, 05:21 PM
Guys,

I have a DM500s With Darkstar's latest image using mcCamd.

I have S*y HD in living room with lots of channels etc. What I want to know is how I use the DM500s to get the same channels in another room. Do I need to share the card or just get the details off the card and put it in the config files on the DM500s?

When I put my S*y card in the DB I get all the channels I should. I then put the spare S*y card I had given to me which was set up for freeview (it is the latest card) then I do only get the FTA channels

Please help.

hackenz
4th October, 2008, 05:30 PM
I don't have any experience of mcCamd, but from what you tell us all is working as it should. Full card opens all the channels, FTA card opens FTA channels. Why you would have a HD card in an SD receiver is a mystery to me?

You either need to downgrade to a standard S*y subcription or buy a DM800 to take advantage of the HD output.

The route I would take is to buy an 800 & share that card with a 500 in another room over your LAN. You would then get full HD with the 800 in your main room & the 500 would open all the channels in SD in for example a bedroom.

skinflint
4th October, 2008, 06:02 PM
Sorry hackenz, i didn't explain myself correctly

I have S*y HD subscription + S*y HD box in living room. I then have multiroom with a standard S*y box.

I want to have the DB in my games room and share one of the cards. This is what I need to do ... I think. I just hav no idea how to share the card via LAN. I have DB set up on the LAN no problem.

hackenz
4th October, 2008, 06:15 PM
You need 2x 500's one with the standard card (games room), the other to receive the card via the lan wherever you want to put it.

Me I'd buy an DM800HD to replace your Sky HD box & share the card to the 2 500's saving ?120 a year on the multiroom (HD cards also decrypt SD).

I don't have any experience of the Emulator your using but if you need a link PM me.

skinflint
4th October, 2008, 06:37 PM
I was under the impression (albeit a newbie impression) that I could put my card details into a config file on DB to get the same channels i get in the living room?

hackenz
4th October, 2008, 08:54 PM
No the receiver has to physically share the card, your Skybox can't do that. EMU's receive requests from other receivers when changing channel & process that as a request from the box the card is in, the response is then sent back to the requesting receiver over the Lan/Net.

To be honest with you your better off keeping your multiroom subscription as the investment required to save the ?10 a month just isn't viable.

Keep the Dreambox & use that for other satellites, there's LOTS out there & it's a really enjoyable hobby. Current planning laws allow a Sky dish & a 1m dish without PP.

peterjoseph
16th December, 2008, 05:44 PM
hey there,
i have a s*y card working in my dm500s, how will i get my mates dreambox to read my card,i am using emu 2.0.9 just need some advice

Devilfish
16th December, 2008, 05:46 PM
No cardsharing talk...read the rules!

Especially when it involved UK Sky.

Closed