PDA

View Full Version : Help needed with flash tuning

electromech
19th January, 2010, 10:39 PM
hello all I need help with flash tuning I currently have no tuning equip just looking for advice on what to get and what not to get I am more interested in delimiting than actually tuning but they do go hand in hand.THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR HELP

greenthumb
20th January, 2010, 03:27 AM
from what i have been reading it would depend greatly on the vehicles you'll be working on. most forums i find like this place are for mainly over seas vehicles (im in the USA) and its kind of hard to come across good solid info on these systems

estate
20th January, 2010, 07:14 PM
are you looking for original or clone?

electromech
20th January, 2010, 09:01 PM
Thats what I want to know the clones are cheap but if they are crap and not going to work then I would look at original just not byteshooter it is way too expensive

profi-tuning
20th January, 2010, 09:40 PM
hello , not cheap maybe but works 100% and wenn you buy a clone you may have only problems . or from optican they have something new and not very expensive

greets

electromech
20th January, 2010, 09:47 PM
If I may ask what do you use?

profi-tuning
20th January, 2010, 10:07 PM
i have optican master obd / bdm , byteshooter master , i have clone galetto and clone cmd bdm , first a buyd only clones , but wenn you use it every day i prever orginal , with the clones i had some problems with dameging the orginal files , and with orginal you can make also edc 17 and med 9, with clones itts not possible

greets

electromech
20th January, 2010, 10:13 PM
i have optican master obd / bdm , byteshooter master , i have clone galetto and clone cmd bdm , first a buyd only clones , but wenn you use it every day i prever orginal , with the clones i had some problems with dameging the orginal files , and with orginal you can make also edc 17 and med 9, with clones itts not possible

greets
I hate to be botherson but what would you recommend for my application and I dont want to do this everyday the alientech unit is resonable priced what you think

Remapking
21st January, 2010, 04:58 AM
I started out with Galletto and used this to earn enough cash to fund my other tools, i know have a shed full :)

electromech
22nd January, 2010, 09:02 PM
was that original or pirate and files who does these I got winols and ecm 2001 but dont have a clue as stated before I am more keen to delimit than actual tune

zonerule
15th March, 2010, 09:45 PM
pls... don?t use files from ebay etc..... these are full of sh.. if you need file tuned. use guy who will explain that what he has done into your file....

where IQ has increased and how ..... lambda vs. load...
boost increasement....-> too much will blow engine or tbo....
too much IQ in diesel will burn engine.... too lean in petrol does the same.... and if you manage to get dumb out of ecu and you will have sw to read and modify it, you have to take care that the maps wich are related to each other are modified also.... and so on....nobody won?t be a pro in one night.....takes several months to years...to get this know how......

also still learning.....

tarmac-terrorist
16th March, 2010, 10:12 AM
Are the clone Galletto tools safe enough to use as they are very cheap ?

Also, another slightly off topic question I have about Galletto is:

Is it possible to copy a map from one car to another that has the same spec??