PDA

View Full Version : DB500s and Sly Freesat card which EMU

spectra
4th October, 2008, 08:05 PM
Hi my mother has just moved into a house which has a crap arieal but does have a Sly dish installed I was thinking of getting a DB500s and getting a ?20 Sly freesat channels card so she can get C4 and Five as well as other basic channels.

Which emu would be needed to make the card work and would I have to contact Sly to activate the card - would they want to know which box i've got to pair them both together????

hackenz
4th October, 2008, 08:46 PM
You can use any freesat card once it's been activated It doesn't have to be paired with any particular Sky receiver. However you can get a 2nd hand sky box for ?20 or so off Eb*y so why invest in a 500's?, the same goes for the FTA card ?20 or so off the same site.

spectra
4th October, 2008, 08:58 PM
You can use any freesat card once it's been activated It doesn't have to be paired with any particular Sky receiver. However you can get a 2nd hand sky box for ?20 or so off Eb*y so why invest in a 500's?, the same goes for the FTA card ?20 or so off the same site.

The reason I prefer to get a 500s is because I may wanna upgrade her dish in the future and motorize it but finance is tight at mo.

So which EMU should I use with the 500s for the Sly Freesat Card to work?

hackenz
4th October, 2008, 09:01 PM
CCcam works out of the box.

spectra
5th October, 2008, 02:57 AM
CCcam works out of the box.

I take it when you say CCcam works out of the box that that is the emu that will make the Freesat Sly card work?

micron123
5th October, 2008, 07:36 AM
The card works just fine with CCcam, and there's nothing to set up. Just shove the card in the slot and off you go. By the way C4 is FTA already so you don't need a card for that. You do for Five though..