PDA

View Full Version : opel zafira 2.0dti psg16 Blue smoke need fixing

nkd
11th November, 2020, 07:22 PM
Hello, i have a customers car with engine Y20DTH psg16 fuel pump, it is smoking when coolant temps are 30-60 degrees, every other temp is ok maf is ok everything else is working like it should, car starts easy, drives good no limp modes no fault codes, only when the car is idling is smoking and hesitating. Talked with few guys they said that they can fix it they need to reprogram psg16 and thats a fault with that fuel pump. But they live far away and they want car, dont want to sell the file. I got mpps18 and got the file of the car, maybe someone had same issue and know how to fix the problem?

nkd
12th November, 2020, 01:56 AM
Can someone adjust timing on this file and advance timing by few degrees ?

Ajdin1
12th November, 2020, 08:08 PM
On most cars I have at my workshop the main reaseon for hasitating and blueish smoke is caused by the EGR system.. If you want an EGR off file for test purposes, just let know. Solution is with disconnected plug. Bye

mihaiti
13th November, 2020, 07:53 AM
On vp44 psg5 it can be adjusted with opcom in special function section, but with psg16 never heard of such option, only if adjust in chain timing. looks like a weak hydraulic head that needs replacing!
The Egr system usually gives key in instrument panel and limp mode, if no limp then egr works fine.