PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Jetta immo

dd1
14th November, 2020, 05:44 PM
Hello everyone. I have a vw 2009 Jetta and the car won’t start when it’s cold, it will when it’s warmer. It has a key error, the owner has 2 keys and both the same. My question is what’s issue here and immo is in the cluster or BCM? Thank you

kuebk
14th November, 2020, 06:24 PM
Immo is in cluster.

dd1
14th November, 2020, 07:43 PM
Thank you from what year they moved to the bcm?

H2Deetoo
15th November, 2020, 01:46 PM
Never, immo is always in the cluster for these cars. Only Passat has got immo in the CCM (not BCM).

So it seems your cluster my be dying a little bit.
I guess you simply need to swap it.

Rgs H2Deetoo

dd1
15th November, 2020, 08:44 PM
Thank you so much.

dd1
18th November, 2020, 05:51 AM
Hi everyone, so I have got another cluster, used, read the eep and wrote it on a used one. All the immo info, VIN and mileage are the same now but the mileage shows ERROR and won’t start. Cranks and starts and dyes right away. I have cleared the codes and still the same thing. What should I do to make this used cluster to work on this car? Thank you in advance

H2Deetoo
18th November, 2020, 10:05 AM
You cannot read/write eeprom because immo data and mileage inside is encrypted!
So you must read immo in plain format, write it to new cluster with proper tools. Also adjust mileage in new cluster with proper tool. Then no error should remain.

dd1
18th November, 2020, 11:30 PM
So the VVDI2 won’t do? Because read/wrote was done via obd2 by vvdi2. I read the used cluster and checked it with a original immo data, the same now. If I read and write the eep with a programmer it should start the car and mileage ok?????

dd1
19th November, 2020, 12:13 AM
And the eep is in the back or the front on the cluster?

dd1
19th November, 2020, 12:26 AM
Never mind. Found it.

dd1
20th November, 2020, 04:10 AM
Ok, I read the eep and used the file on the donor cluster. Plugged it in and the same thing. ERROR and cranks starts and dies. The original started ok. What am I doing wrong???????????

roth18
20th November, 2020, 06:07 AM
I'm not sure if this applies to your car but you have to prepare service mode eeprom 1st (read in programmer). Then put back the eeprom into cluster and write the same file via OBD. Omly then you can connect to the cluster and read / change all the data. After all changes done simply reset the cluster and all done.

BTW, VVDI2 explains the procedure in the software, simply follow what it says.

jasspnsr
20th November, 2020, 06:08 AM
read you ecu or upload dumps with seprate files using ktag or other tool i will off your car's immo
after immo off then check what the issue

dd1
20th November, 2020, 07:01 PM
read you ecu or upload dumps with seprate files using ktag or other tool i will off your car's immo
after immo off then check what the issue
thank you, but i know it is the cluster, so immo off is not a good idea. i just have to adapt this used cluster to this car. thank you again

ilzul
20th November, 2020, 07:49 PM
Read the ECU eeprom and someone will make immo off on ECU.
The immo on jetta/golf 5/6 etc, is in cluster and ecu.