PDA

View Full Version : Scanned dbox2 channels all mixed up

dssl4
5th October, 2008, 01:50 PM
HI all

i have just rescanned channels, found the channels i lost but all the channels are now mixed up how do i arrange these in some kind of order,

Please help new to all this have not got a clue. it is a nokia dbox2

lorrebreaker
5th October, 2008, 02:22 PM
If i remember correctly you have to press the dbox button/services/bouquet editor and create bouquets (if you need to) then add the channels to the specific bouquet you want.

ruprect
5th October, 2008, 02:29 PM
I wrote these guides for some mates, intended for blade or andromeda but should be similar. i.e. some images might have "channel editor" rather than "bouquet editor".

SCANNING FOR CHANNELS.

1. Press the D-BOX button, scroll to service and press OK.

2. Scroll to SERVICE SCAN and press OK.

3. Scroll to START SCAN and press OK.

Now all the channels should scan in, there should be approx

TV-143 RADIO-35 DATA-9

4. When the scan is finished keep pressing home until you are back to the TV screen, flick around if there is nothing on screen, if there is still nothing try switching it off and on again.

All the channels will be back but some will have moved to the very end, around 136 onwards, these can be moved back,

When you press OK you see the channels are sorted in batches called bouquets, entertainment, films music etc. when you rescan the missing channels end up at the end and you have to move them back. Also you can alter the batches themselves. e.g. you can move sports to the top, this will mean sky sports is now channel 1 on your remote, and rte1 will be shifted to the end. If you were to press red to get the big tv guide list sports would be first.

MOVING CHANNELS.

1. Press the D-BOX button, scroll to SERVICE and press OK.

2. Scroll to BOUQUET EDITOR and press OK.

3. Now you will see all the bouquets. Go to the last one- UNSORTED and press OK. All of the channels that recently changed should be listed in there. It might have some weird ones you do not recognise which are not channels, they are data stuff, e.g. one is called martin, another might be CPL. Try and remember a few channels that should be in a certain bouquet, e.g. the ones usually in ENTERTAINMENT, like E4+1, channel 4, sky 1&2

4. Press HOME to get back to the original list. Now highlight the bouquet you want to edit and press OK, say FILMS. Now you will see the list of channels.

5. Press the green button to add channels. This brings up all of the available channels you can pick from, listed A-Z. If you scroll up or down you will see channels have green dots beside them, this means they are in that bouquet. Go to film four, and film four+1 and press OK on each of them so the green dot is beside them. Pressing the Volume +/- buttons skips up or down a page for quicker picking. You can also unselect channels here if you wanted. Films should be fine but you might want to turn off all those euronews channels, american sports etc. You can also add channels normally in other bouquets, and they will not be deleted from the other bouquet, this means the same channel is available on 2 channel numbers. When you picked the channels you want press HOME.

6. Now you will see the Films bouquet again, if you press up you will go directly to the end of the list where the newly added channels are. When they are highlighted you press yellow, now a yellow dot will be beside the channel and you can move it up to where you want on the list, then press OK to put it there. You can resort all the channels or delete them using the red button. If deleted they can still be added to other bouquets later from the A-Z list. When they are sorted press HOME.

7. At this stage it is best to press HOME again. It will ask if you want to save the changes so highlight Yes and press OK, or just press red. Now press OK to go back into bouquet editor again. When you do this it updates the UNSORTED bouquet at the end. If you moved added a channel then it will not appear in the unsorted bouquet. So if you missed any it will stand out more now and you can add it to the bouquet it should be in. Just follow the steps above for all bouquets.

-That is pretty much all you really need.

8. To move a bouquet it is the same as moving channels, e.g. go to SPORTS, press yellow and you can move it up or down, and press OK to where you want. But now all your original channel numbers will have changed, expect those above it.

9. You can add a brand new bouquet by pressing GREEN in the bouquet editor. This will bring up a screen where you can name it what you want. Now you can add channels to the new bouquet, these will be duplicates, so you could have your favourite channels listed in it, but they will also be still in their original bouquets too. Then you could move it to the end of the bouquets, this means the channels in it would start around 140. So RTE1 would be available on 1, or 143 if you wanted. When you turn on the box you can press OK and press up to pick your special bouquet, now all your usual channels will be listed in a row. Also it means when you pick a channel in that bouquet you can just press up or down to flick between your favourites easily.

Devilfish
5th October, 2008, 02:50 PM
When you do a scan, make sure you set the bouquets option to 'leave current'. If it's one of the other options it will create a new bouquet for each channel or no bouquets at all.

dssl4
5th October, 2008, 06:48 PM
Cheers guys will have a go,

jitjunior
8th October, 2008, 06:34 PM
If you already have an existing bouquet file, ftp it to your box and it will organise your channels :)

eoin
9th October, 2008, 07:48 AM
Total newbie here here with a nokia dbox2. It worked in Galway and I am now in Dublin. How do I reconfigure it? There is a full list of channels in the menu but the screen is black. Any suggestions would be great (before I go mad looking at a black screen).

resonance
12th October, 2008, 03:17 PM
Thanks Ruprect, will be using your guide to clean/organise my box.

g11rds
24th December, 2008, 02:43 AM
thanks for the help
had the same problem, didnt select leave existing!

liamliam
12th January, 2010, 08:34 PM
thanks a million m8

ghanch21
11th February, 2010, 03:31 AM
need help all channels gone error, laky sylas image i ftp bouquets and services xml file using ftp flash, did rescan leaving existing bouquets all channels are still in one bouquet unsorted so i ftp copy of bouquets file again restarted and all working channels are still in unsorted, its like it wont read the bouquets file checked in bouquets editor film bbc, itv foreign bouquets are still there but not when out of bouquets editor menu i.e you can only see unsorted when trying to select channels. happened today leicester 1.30 am

bWg4life
11th February, 2010, 08:00 AM
had this problem last night,lost all channels in nottingham,thought the dreaded encryption change had happened.Re-scanned leaving current bouquets but it put all channels into unsorted,scanned again using VM-style bouquets,bouquets were then sorted but channels are a bit mixed up. sport in movies etc.. easy enough to sort though.

using comm 11 by the way

one thing i noticed is that when doing the scan,it was saying "Unknown Provider" when finding channels,pretty sure it usually says nt* or vm

ManofScience
11th February, 2010, 10:21 AM
the VM channel order in com11/12 is hard coded for the channels - since all the goings on with vm re-arranging frequencies this is knocking it slightly.

you're best to re-arrange the channels yourself in bouquet editor OR easier on your PC

ghanch21
11th February, 2010, 04:15 PM
posted last nite channels all mixed up after rescan leicester puts all into unsorted, ftp'd a copy of bouquets file i had to rearrange channels into var/tuxtbox/config/zapit restarted box still no bouquets. what is this vm style bouquet and could you post a link to the file and how to do it short guide i would be very greatfull, thanx in advance to anyone that can help

new touch
13th February, 2010, 11:27 AM
i want 2 play super sports 2 on my dream box

bWg4life
13th February, 2010, 02:18 PM
i want 2 play super sports 2 on my dream box

im not stopping you