PDA

View Full Version : BMW i3 2014 EME

gicom
25th November, 2020, 10:18 PM
HI
I ve changed EME in BMW i3 2014 for the second hand one as the old unit is burned inside and the problem is i dont know how to code it to the car tried by ista but it will not do anything.Ive tried to see if i can do by Ktag and clone the ECU but its not supported.... It looks like in EME there is ISN inside. I cloud take the chip out but i dont know which chip store that data.. Any one could help,please ?

Butch
26th November, 2020, 05:44 AM
Are you sure ? Ista says nothing about programming or encoding on installation. I will install the unit, service it for leak as per ISTA --> "service function ---> Powertrain ---> Range extender digital engine electronics ---> Service start range extender (security matter, they want to make sure every thing is ok before release it since last disconnect) and check that the unit you replace is not older than the car cause most of the time ISTA refuse it

K1nd3r
26th November, 2020, 09:06 AM
forgen that you will solve immo

gicom
26th November, 2020, 11:36 PM
Are you sure ? Ista says nothing about programming or encoding on installation. I will install the unit, service it for leak as per ISTA --> "service function ---> Powertrain ---> Range extender digital engine electronics ---> Service start range extender (security matter, they want to make sure every thing is ok before release it since last disconnect) and check that the unit you replace is not older than the car cause most of the time ISTA refuse it
EME has to match (ISN) what is found in the immobilizer module which is FEM/BDC