PDA

View Full Version : starview pvr prob

jimbojimjay
5th October, 2008, 04:38 PM
cant get pc to see starview when i connect it up trying to trasfer files thanks for any help sorry i should have said its a starview pvr

Devilfish
5th October, 2008, 04:48 PM
Have you tried this...

To load the files just drag them on to a memory stick and then put the memory stick in the USB port at the back of the receiver. Then press the menu button on the remote there you will see USB at the bottom of the screen. Just highlight USB with the remote then you will see the (Box Super USB Bin file) appear on the screen. Highlight the Box Super USB Bin File with the remote and press th ok button then you will see the file start loading in to the Box.

You can get the firmware here...

Digital Kaos - Downloads - Latest FirmwareThe Box Super USB V1.02 (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/starview/23/latest-firmwarethe-box-super-usb-v1-02-330/)

xant14
13th December, 2008, 09:45 AM
Have you tried this...

You can get the firmware here...

Digital Kaos - Downloads - Latest FirmwareThe Box Super USB V1.02 (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/starview/23/latest-firmwarethe-box-super-usb-v1-02-330/)

I cant see how you can attach a memory stick?!?
The USB connection is the 'B' type on my PVR 'The box'.
Are we looking at adapters? or a different box?
Rob

dell_xps
13th December, 2008, 11:03 AM
I cant see how you can attach a memory stick?!?
The USB connection is the 'B' type on my PVR 'The box'.
Are we looking at adapters? or a different box?
Rob

The instructions above are for a Starview 4 USB, not a Starview The Box PVR Twin Tuner,
Have you pressed ok and exit on the remote until boot is displayed on the LCD, then you can flash your box m8.
The other way is to connect it via a USB cable, comp see's it as a mass storage, just drag the bin file to the firmware folder, go into the menu on the PVR, hard drive options and flash it there, see tweaks on the sticky above to stop the installation channel coming up every time you switch it on m8.
HTH