PDA

View Full Version : K-Tag downloaded file splited or no ?

Keeso
30th November, 2020, 08:21 PM
Hi
Finnaly I was able to download something with K-Tag but the question is :
I can split files to 3 or keep it in 1 at the end of downloading but if I later want to remove DPF and EGR what I need to do ?
I have citroen C4 edc16c34 for learning purpose only and I readed and writed few times already with success but tommorow I wat to take out ECU from my own 2007 Volvo C30 1.6D and I do not want f@#$ this up.
My DPF is empty already and I will blind my EGR and tommorow I will upload ORI from my car
THX in advance

Leeetoyo
30th November, 2020, 08:34 PM
For complete backup and cloning purposes you can save as 1 file.

For dpf egr removal store as separate files and you only need to modify the fls file that’s your map file

Please don’t forget ‘thanks’ button if I helped!

Keeso
30th November, 2020, 08:52 PM
For complete backup and cloning purposes you can save as 1 file.

For dpf egr removal store as separate files and you only need to modify the fls file that’s your map file

OK
But when I will write to ECU tunned file I will do FLS only ?

Leeetoyo
30th November, 2020, 08:56 PM
Correct. The other 2 files you can forget when your tuning or doing removals/delete.

Keeso
30th November, 2020, 11:31 PM
So bassicaly :
1. remove ECU from the car
2. download ORI 1 file for backup
3. download again as 3 files
4. upload on digital-kaos FLS file with SW no and HW no and ask someone very nice to switch off DPF and EGR
5. after reciving file from forum write to ECU but mark only RESTORE and MICRO(maps) in K-Tag ?

Leeetoyo
30th November, 2020, 11:38 PM
Yes that’s the right order and a safe way to have a full backup if anything goes wrong.

PelsonBMW
1st December, 2020, 10:10 AM
well , when i was messing with my dad's sprinter edc17 i made two reads , one splitted and one full one file so you have both reads for it ;)

Keeso
1st December, 2020, 05:36 PM
well , when i was messing with my dad's sprinter edc17 i made two reads , one splitted and one full one file so you have both reads for it ;)

I'v done the same one full read and 1 splited and already ask on the forum to check my software
I got limp mode 3k RPM and my DPF and EGR need to be switched off as well ;)
All I done step by step by my self with huge help from forum but we will see what happend when I will write tunned sw to my volvo :D

PelsonBMW
1st December, 2020, 07:25 PM
be careful with EDC17 Ecus , they are expensive :P

Keeso
2nd December, 2020, 12:54 AM
be careful with EDC17 Ecus , they are expensive :P

I got EDC16C34 in my Volvo :D thx God :D but anyway quick question when I will upload my tuned file to ECU do I have to mark "EXTFLASH M58BW016DB(MAPS)" only or "RESTORE" as well ?765733

peechie
2nd December, 2020, 02:50 AM
I got EDC16C34 in my Volvo :D thx God :D but anyway quick question when I will upload my tuned file to ECU do I have to mark "EXTFLASH M58BW016DB(MAPS)" only or "RESTORE" as well ?765733

Tick on restore so there is no tick mark in restore box, then click (maps) then select the file to write.

jnoroeste
4th December, 2020, 12:02 PM
Hi M8, always should save both backup file and all separated files to work with, to write mods only need flash back the modded one.
Regards.