PDA

View Full Version : am i thick or what ? jailbreak

scozzy
21st January, 2010, 05:18 PM
Hi to all,

I have an iphone on o2 so i thought i could unlock it to use 3 so i downloaded jailbreak and installed as the tut says,

it said i get 3 options when completed cydia and one called snow or simular which you use to unlock and that option wasnt there.

Any help welcome I want to change network from o2 to 3
the phone has latest itune software installed.

thanks

ianmac
21st January, 2010, 09:32 PM
Snow is the one that unlocks the iPhone m8,
if you read what it says next to "Snow" icon in Blackra1n it tells you this info.

-- Ian --

scozzy
21st January, 2010, 11:10 PM
thanks for reply ianmac

took on what you said so logged onto cydia did thesnow treatment and still not managed to get it on to 3 network.

any other ideas mates

ianmac
21st January, 2010, 11:46 PM
Normally you would just download Blackra1n & click make it snow, the iphone then reboots, make sure your wifi settings are set on your iphone & run the snow icon from the iphone, turn the iphone off, swop your sim over & turn it back on, wait awhile for the iphone to show the new network, if not showing reboot iphone with the new sim in..

Check out this video:

:wink:

YouTube - Blacksnow and Blackra1n - Jailbreak and Unlock for iPhone 3gs/3g on 05.11.07 Baseband

------------------------

everthing should work ok, but sometimes if the iphone has been jailbroken before you might get a few other probs:

1. Has the iPhone been unlocked before?
If so it is best to use Blackra1n on an unjailbroken firmware, so you might have to do a restore in itunes.

2. What firmware is on your iPhone now?
If it under 3.12, you could update the firmware to 3.12.

Hope this helps....

--- Ian ---

:beer:

scozzy
22nd January, 2010, 03:59 PM
Thanks Ian, good vid

Have updated to latest software on itune, done a backup restore

when i install blackra1n I dont get the snow icon,

It may have been jailed before so assuming a restore in itunes removes all the old blackra1n

thanks again Ian

software installed is 3.1.2 (7D11)
model MB213B

ianmac
22nd January, 2010, 06:09 PM
Thanks Ian, good vid

Have updated to latest software on itune, done a backup restore

when i install blackra1n I dont get the snow icon,

It may have been jailed before so assuming a restore in itunes removes all the old blackra1n

thanks again Ian

software installed is 3.1.2 (7D11)
model MB213B

Hmmmm.

If you are not seeing any icons on your iPhone when opening blackra1n then it looks like your wifi not being set, but if you are just missing the Snow icon, then it seems to me that you have the older version of Blackra1n, I believe there are 3 versions of it.

You have got a few choices:
1. download & install the latest version of Blackra1n here:
:wink:
blackweather (http://blackra1n.com/)

or

2. you can keep the version that you have & install the Snow program through Cydia, but it will mean adding a few sources to it b4 you can get to that stage, I can run you through the process if you like.

But the easy method is "option 1" to install the latest version of Blackra1n, as you won't have to any changes. (just like in the video)

--- Ian ---

scozzy
22nd January, 2010, 08:58 PM
Hi Ian again thanks,

I installed the link you kindly gave me

when i open the ra1n app i only have 2 options

cydia
rock

could you help anymore

ste

ianmac
22nd January, 2010, 10:11 PM
Ok scozzy,

To install Snow the manual way:

1. make sure you wifi is set up on iphone to be able to install these progs.
2. install cydia, once installed then run the cydia program, it will prob take a while to update itself.
3. in cydia, go to "manage" @ the bottom,
4. select "sources" in the middle of screen.
5. select "edit" @ top right of screen
6. select "add" @ top left of screen
7. in the window it will say "http://", now add "blackra1n.com" to that, so that when complete you will have "http://blackra1n.com" in the window, (make sure you put a "1" instead of an "i" in blackra1n, then select thr "add source" button.
8. once cydia finished doing it's refresh + reload return to cydia again, select "done" top right of screen.
9. in the window you should now see "blackra1n", if you select that then you will then see "blacksn0w", select that & then "install" top right of screen,

I think it asks you to reboot after that, but once the blacksn0w is installed & done it's stuff, turn the iphone off + swop you sim over & hopefully it should now be unlocked..

------------------------------

This video sort of explains it if you can understand the kid doing the video m8... lol

YouTube- How To: Unlock iPhone 3G & 3GS on 3.1.2 Firmware Using BlackSn0w From Cydia
---------------------------------------

--- Ian ---

:party::party::party:

scozzy
22nd January, 2010, 10:14 PM
Hi mate done some reading over last couple of hours and the stuff i found says i need to be on baseband 05.11.07

My phone says the baseband is 04.05.04

am really a bit lost however i think the phone is 2g and not as i thought 3g

said i was a bit thick pmsl

fazmin
22nd January, 2010, 10:25 PM
hi
I think that ur phone is 2g and not 3g
blackra1n is to unlock all
blacksn0w is to unlock 3g and 3gs but not the 2g as u need boot Neuter from cydia, it's an application that u can download and install via cydia

any problems, let us know

cheers
faz

ianmac
22nd January, 2010, 10:33 PM
Yes, the 04.05.04 baseband is a 2G iphone, has the iphone got a silver back to it?
I am not sure the blackrian works with 3G iphones,
I know "Redsn0w" does, but you will need a custom firmware & 2 other files for the boot loader,
the files are called "bl39.bin" & "bl46.bin", but been a long time since I have done a 2G iphone though m8,
I have got the 2 files but there might be an easier way since I last done one. I will do a little research.

--- Ian ---

ianmac
22nd January, 2010, 10:50 PM
Ok m8,

Found this guide for the 2G iphones, it has the links to download the custom firmware files ect that you need to use, just download the files needed & follow the instructions:

Complete Guide: Jailbreak and Unlock iPhone 2G 3.1.2 Using Blackra1n | The iPhone Blog by Simon (http://www.simonblog.com/2009/11/05/complete-guide-jailbreak-and-unlock-iphone-312-using-blackra1n-2g/)

I have heard that the 2G unlock with the latest firmware gave out a few probs with wifi, but there might be a fix out now though if you do get trouble.

--- Ian ---

scozzy
23rd January, 2010, 12:44 AM
Hey guys i want to thank you for your help i thik i am ready to give up now. I have downloaded and uploaded everything now.

2g phone using 3.2 firmware
jailbroke with blkra1n, flashed bootneuter to unlock and still no luck.

just exhausted of ideas now, think i will use it for a paper weight now....lol

ianmac
25th January, 2010, 01:55 AM
Hey guys i want to thank you for your help i thik i am ready to give up now. I have downloaded and uploaded everything now.

2g phone using 3.2 firmware
jailbroke with blkra1n, flashed bootneuter to unlock and still no luck.

just exhausted of ideas now, think i will use it for a paper weight now....lol

OK.

Up to you m8...

devo
8th February, 2010, 07:04 PM
Hi to all,

I have an iphone on o2 so i thought i could unlock it to use 3 so i downloaded jailbreak and installed as the tut says,

it said i get 3 options when completed cydia and one called snow or simular which you use to unlock and that option wasnt there.

Any help welcome I want to change network from o2 to 3
the phone has latest itune software installed.

thanks

I don't think you can use an iPhone on 3 as it uses a Usim and not a sim.

Devo