PDA

View Full Version : d: e: HD not found

Barryboy
5th October, 2008, 07:05 PM
Hi all
Hope someone can help, had a problem with my HD first thing to go was my virus checker next was my drivers for network cards tried everything to get them back but no joy, anyway copied all my files over to my D:/ hd drive and formated my C:/ drive did a fix disk etc on it and re-installed windows XP everything now seems to be working OK exept I cannot see either my D:/ or E:/ hd drive's I have gone into disk disk managment but no joy my CD and DVD drives are there but not the hd drives. If I open device manager I have a fault on a raid drive so I suspect this is the problem but have no idea how to fix it?

Barryboy
8th October, 2008, 10:35 PM
OK because I hate reading through a thread only to find its been cured but not explaining how I will tell how I cured this one just in case someone has the same problem

My C: drive is on IDE but D: and E: were on a raid channel when I re-installed XP I did not install the raid driver. I downloaded SiSoft Sandra which told me what Motherboard I had and what was running on my computer so I installed the drivers needed from the mobo web site and hey presto.

Not many people if any will have thier hd disks set up like mine ( Its a long story) but if you do here's the cure