PDA

View Full Version : Miles to Kilometers

bubu782001
22nd January, 2010, 12:49 AM
Hello i have a problem with a dashbord from a Renault Clio 2 from 2002.
The original one has the pcb broken (i tried to rebuild but...no luck is to bad).

So, the problem is the LCD from the new dashboard is from a Renault Clio, UK version. It shows UK measures in all menus like this:

Total mileage recorder in miles (M)
Trip mileage recorder in miles (M)
Fuel used in gallons (G)
Average consumption in miles per gallon (MPG)
Current consumption in miles per gallon (MPG)
Estimated range with remaining fuel in miles (M)
Distance covered in miles (M)
Average speed in miles per hour (MPH)
Cruise control or speed limiter in miles per hour (MPH)

In test mode (keep pressed, display selection mode key and turn ignition ON) it show me that it has KM, L, L/100 and KM/H segments but in normal mode it shows only M, G, MPG, MPH

There are miles and also km on the speedo gauge so the speedo is OK.

But from ON-BOARD computer i want to show me like this:

Total mileage recorder in KM
Trip mileage recorder in KM
Fuel used in litres (L)
Average consumptionin L/100KM
Current consumption in L/100KM
Estimated range with remaining fuel in KM
Distance coveredin KM
Average speed in KM/H
Cruise control or speed limiterin KM/H

And also i want to program the actual number of kilometers (KM) of my car 83.000 instead the 99.019 miles (M) wich actually correspond to 159.355 KM.

How can i change this?

PS the DASHBOARD is Renault CLIO 2002 SAGEM with ST95020 - V2.0 EeP V4.2 - X65 ADAC

I also ploaded a picture with LCD in test mode.

Thank you very very much.

Could be the data from EEPROM responsable for this? Can someone upload an bin file from a NON UK version of the dashboard?

BeianM
22nd January, 2010, 01:04 AM
I'm not sure I am qualified to answer this but I will have a go. On the Espace you can change from miles to km when travelling abroad but it only changes the speedo & not the calculator. So mpg remains mpg. I guess you have a UK cluster. If you don't have access to programming then it may be that you will need to get your soldering iron out!!! I think you will have to do this for changing the km's. So I think you will be looking for a file to prog the chip for europe.
I'm sure someone will come along shortly & tell us otherwise. Good luck.

bubu782001
22nd January, 2010, 06:36 AM
Thank you. I think that the content of the eeprom is responsable for the unit (miles or km). But i need a confirmation for that from somebody who knows that, and a "bin" from a NON-UK version.

bubu782001
22nd January, 2010, 12:29 PM
Somebody, can help me? please...

Sam-F
22nd January, 2010, 07:09 PM
Why not use the eeprom or dump from the broken board

bubu782001
22nd January, 2010, 09:20 PM
This was the first thing i was done. But i have a "litle" problem.
As i saying, i already try it, but when i want to read eeprom, by mistake i powered wrong the eeprom and it got "cook".
I use an old PC ATX PSU for power the electronics, and by mistake, i use 12vcc instead 5vcc...
A a little spark, then smoke came out, and on the surface of old eeprom. The PSU almost immediately enter in protection mode...and, JOB DONE! :(

PS the LPT port from old Pentium 1 laptop (used for programming eeproms), seems to not doing very well also...:(
Luckily i have another Pentium 3 laptop in good condition, wich of corse i dont want to cook it this time...

PremierD
22nd January, 2010, 09:40 PM
This was the first thing i was done. But i have a "litle" problem.
As i saying, i already try it, but when i want to read eeprom, by mistake i powered wrong the eeprom and it got "cook".
I use an old PC ATX PSU for power the electronics, and by mistake, i use 12vcc instead 5vcc...
A a little spark, then smoke came out, and on the surface of old eeprom. The PSU almost immediately enter in protection mode...and, JOB DONE! :(

PS the LPT port from old Pentium 1 laptop (used for programming eeproms), seems to not doing very well also...:(
Luckily i have another Pentium 3 laptop in good condition, wich of corse i dont want to cook it this time...

Don't suppose you've ever heard the saying .."Lucky white heather " mate ......It applies here ...

bubu782001
22nd January, 2010, 09:48 PM
What can i say? You are right...Because i dont have care with that thing, it cost me...What can i do now...
What is done is done...ashes to ashes, dust to dust...

tachonow
22nd January, 2010, 10:39 PM
Try this and post result.

bubu782001
23rd January, 2010, 12:02 AM
Thank you very much. I very appreciate this. Tonight i will give a try.

bubu782001
23rd January, 2010, 04:24 AM
Ok i try it but unfortunately it is not good. I attach a picture of what it appear on LCD. It doesn't react if i press on selection mode key. I flashed back with backup i made from original content, and it work ok, but..again, in miles, gallons and other UK units.

Can anyone send me another file? Can anyone have another file?

Thank you anyway. I think it is all about my luck...

arturkob
23rd January, 2010, 10:16 AM
Ok i try it but unfortunately it is not good. I attach a picture of what it appear on LCD. It doesn't react if i press on selection mode key. I flashed back with backup i made from original content, and it work ok, but..again, in miles, gallons and other UK units.

Can anyone send me another file? Can anyone have another file?

Thank you anyway. I think it is all about my luck...

This is for you

ovidiu1967
23rd January, 2010, 10:27 AM
Hello i have a problem with a dashbord from a Renault Clio 2 from 2002.
The original one has the pcb broken (i tried to rebuild but...no luck is to bad).

So, the problem is the LCD from the new dashboard is from a Renault Clio, UK version. It shows UK measures in all menus like this:

Total mileage recorder in miles (M)
Trip mileage recorder in miles (M)
Fuel used in gallons (G)
Average consumption in miles per gallon (MPG)
Current consumption in miles per gallon (MPG)
Estimated range with remaining fuel in miles (M)
Distance covered in miles (M)
Average speed in miles per hour (MPH)
Cruise control or speed limiter in miles per hour (MPH)

In test mode (keep pressed, display selection mode key and turn ignition ON) it show me that it has KM, L, L/100 and KM/H segments but in normal mode it shows only M, G, MPG, MPH

There are miles and also km on the speedo gauge so the speedo is OK.

But from ON-BOARD computer i want to show me like this:

Total mileage recorder in KM
Trip mileage recorder in KM
Fuel used in litres (L)
Average consumptionin L/100KM
Current consumption in L/100KM
Estimated range with remaining fuel in KM
Distance coveredin KM
Average speed in KM/H
Cruise control or speed limiterin KM/H

And also i want to program the actual number of kilometers (KM) of my car 83.000 instead the 99.019 miles (M) wich actually correspond to 159.355 KM.

How can i change this?

PS the DASHBOARD is Renault CLIO 2002 SAGEM with ST95020 - V2.0 EeP V4.2 - X65 ADAC

I also ploaded a picture with LCD in test mode.

Thank you very very much.

Could be the data from EEPROM responsable for this? Can someone upload an bin file from a NON UK version of the dashboard?
here you have 83000km good

bubu782001
24th January, 2010, 12:30 AM
Thank you. Thank you all. It is ALIVE...
I finally made it, but NOT without your help.

Again thank you ALL for support.

So conclusion, tha MAIN diference between UK and the common metric dashboard, is the EEPROM content of the dasboard.
Maybe someone, will find this information usefull.

andersonmaxi
5th March, 2010, 11:24 PM
hello all ineed ur help i want change kilometrage in this dump 93c46
now in the dump its 362200 km i want 162200 km this car is TOYOTA COROLLA 2005 pls help me
thx u