PDA

View Full Version : Complete nooby with a dm500s

gb14929
5th October, 2008, 10:33 PM
Ok, here goes, I'm think I might purchase a dm500s, I currently have a Manhattan box pointing at Hotbird 13.0?E. It has been working a treat up until now whereby the box has become faulty. So I went looking and found the DM500S, so here's my question I want to be able to watch the RAI & Media5et channels and as I have been able to watch them as free to air, some of the programs are encrypted using med1aguard and via acce55. If I purchased the DM500S and installed a softcam program, can I watch these encrypted programs if I obtained the relevent keys ??????
Thanks for taking the time to read this.....

gb14929

Curious123
5th October, 2008, 10:46 PM
I have a dm500s tell me what satellite they are on and I will tell you if I can see them on my box.

gb14929
5th October, 2008, 10:55 PM
Curious123, thanks for the quick reply, the FTA channels are 11,766V on h0tbird, now the problem I have is, some programs on these FTA channels become encrypted. So I was looking to view the channels again on hotbird but at 10,992V. What i want to know is can I view the encrypted channels using the dm500s and using a softcam, and if so what softcam will I need. I understand that I will require some keys, but they are not offered on this site.

Thanks again

Curious123
5th October, 2008, 11:16 PM
None of the web sites in the UK now have keys as they could risk prosecution. You will find that some of the images for dm500 such as Nabilosat will allow people to download the keys from their download servers so it is no longer to even necessary to search for the keys. I use Cccam 2.0.9 cam and this works fine for everything and also it is good for cardsharing.

gb14929
5th October, 2008, 11:23 PM
Thanks again, as I don't want any confusion, I can use a DM500S and Cccam 2.0.9 and that will allow me to view the RAI encrypted channels with Mediaguard ??? Is their any particular Linux image that will need to be installed ???

Sorry, Like I stated at the begining.... NOOOOOOBY

Curious123
5th October, 2008, 11:29 PM
I ma not at my box so I can't check the ones you mention but there are a load FTA on Hotbird 13E and they are all viewable.

gb14929
5th October, 2008, 11:38 PM
Thanks again for the prompt response, OK here's the problem although these are FTA, some programs they show on the channels become encrypted ie when a film or sports come on.

gb14929
6th October, 2008, 10:11 PM
OK update, I've taken the plunge and I've purchased one of these boxes. Now I'm looking to watch some channels that may become encrypted with med1aguard. Can someone advise what image/softcams I will need to install ???

Thanks for all your help

westkill
6th October, 2008, 10:24 PM
hi m8 nave a look in the download section for the nabilosat image :)

gb14929
7th October, 2008, 12:09 AM
westkill. thanks for the support, I've got the img file, now just need to wait for the box.

gb14929
29th October, 2008, 12:50 AM
Hello once again everyone, well I've received my new 500S from DVBMonkey, Like other's have mentioned, took a while, but the best things come to those who wait.

Now, firstly, I've used DREAMUP and have taken a default image (just incase I make a complete mess of it), I've then uploaded the "nabilosat image" (thanks westkill). All appear's to be OK. I can login to the 500S using flashfxp and can now browse it no problem.

So where do I go from here..... What I'm trying to do is receive encrypted hotbird channels ie med1aguard. Can someone advise me on what needs to be installed ? I'f its keys I need, I'll g00gle for them. Just looking for some pointers.

I will not be connecting this box up to a LNB until later this week, but wanted everything installed if poss.

Thanks again for all you're support.

gb14929

firestorm
29th October, 2008, 01:47 AM
hi you need to install Cccam2.09 by pressing your yellow button twice allao you will see an option to download keys then you should be ready for action there are keys posted all over the net that you can load by using DDC

gb14929
29th October, 2008, 09:41 AM
firestorm, thanks again for your support, I've downloaded Cccam2.09 via the yellow button and all looks good, also when I looked in "Addons Download Manager", "Latest 10 Uploads", There is a item called "nabilolastkeys_nab" updated 26/10/08, will these be enough for what I'm looking for ???? If not, If I need further keys, do I just edit one of the files and merge the new keys ??? Or does one need to create another file ??

Cheers

gb14929

thered
29th October, 2008, 09:45 AM
you will need new keys as and when could be everyday m8 just install over your other keys it will be fine

gb14929
29th October, 2008, 11:51 AM
thanks th3red, nice to see a MANU fan supporting a GOONER :roflmao:

thered
29th October, 2008, 11:53 AM
what give you the idea i was a united fan ?

anyways the fortunate take pity on those who are have less lol

firestorm is a liverpool fan which for a liverpool fan isnt a bad lad

buzzbomb
29th October, 2008, 06:03 PM
Hi guys sorry to butt into this thread but like gb14929 I am a complete newbie to the dreambox. My 500s arrived yesterday from dvb monkey(not too long considering where it came from) and I have connected it to my lnb today. The only thing I have done to date is tried to do an auto scan on hotbird but there is no way I am picking up all the channels available.(I have a protek9600ip also connected so I know what I should be getting). It seemed to go thro all the transponders but not pick up all the channels (not even all the fta channels) The signal and quality is good(90%+) so its not that. Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.

Asssuming I get the channel scanning sorted out can someone then tell me what needs to be loaded onto the box intially so that I can at least get the emu channels clearing and later moving onto c/s.

thered
29th October, 2008, 06:16 PM
i havent got a 500 but do you have an option to do a full network scan it may need to be ticked before you scan or an option to do a full satellite scan

are you using automatic or manual scan i find manual works best for me

buzzbomb
29th October, 2008, 06:31 PM
thanks for quick reply Thered. Did an auto multisat scan but only scanned hotbird and picked (all)- start scan
When I checked auto transponder scan the only box for ticking was "only free" so decided to us the multi sat option.
On the manual scan it has a couple of boxes I can tick. They are "use onit" ?????? "use Bat"???"only free"???? and network search which I assume I should use. Can u tell me when I should use the other boxes.

thered
29th October, 2008, 06:44 PM
i dont know what they are m8 they are not on mine if in doubt keep it tickd

buzzbomb
29th October, 2008, 06:49 PM
Thanks again Thered. Will try a manual scan and tick the network box and see what happens.

Curious123
29th October, 2008, 06:50 PM
What image are you using on your dm500? You will need a satellite.xml file loaded to var/etc. It always best to start with BBC World 1.0W Thor and see if you can get a picture if not at least some sort of a signal. I always load the Captains settings for the channel list, the latest dreambox keys to var/keys and var/scce. You also need to load CCcam 2.0.9. Depending on what image you may be able to load some or all of these from the image servers download server.

If you think your dish is properly aligned than try doing;

Menu > Setup > automatic satellite and transponder scan > select one of the sat (28.2 and 19.2 have very strong signals) wait for lock and scan.

buzzbomb
29th October, 2008, 08:55 PM
Curious123 not sure what image I am using. The only thing I have changed since it got the box yesterday is I have downloaded the latest kaos ver1.1 software. It is not a signal problem as I also have another sat box connected to the same lnb so I know I am on Hotbird. Also the SNR is 90+% so that is very good. Have just done another auto transponder scan and although a few more channels were scanned in there are still hundreds missing. Will try uploading the captains list later to see if that helps.

Curious123
29th October, 2008, 10:20 PM
If you have a null modem cable than it maybe worth your while to flash it with the Nabilosat V.08 Maxvar image. With this image if you connect your box to the internet you can download all the files I mentioned from their download server. There should be sticky in the Cable section telling you how to flash a dm500 with a new image.

Have you copied the satellite.xml file to var/etc?

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f39/satellites-xml-8050/

buzzbomb
30th October, 2008, 09:43 PM
Curious123 sorry for taking so long to respond but have been out. Will try loading the Nabilosat file over the weekend.

No I have not copied the satellite.xml file to my box as I am not sure how to do it and how to put it in the right place. Can u help

Curious123
31st October, 2008, 12:30 AM
Download a proggie called coreftp and use that to transfer files between your pc and your dreambox.