PDA

View Full Version : Rover clock not display radio

musicman2004
22nd January, 2010, 12:54 PM
Hi, I am trying to reinstall my original R760 radio into my Rover 214, I got the code off PremierD (thanks) but when I plug the radio in and turn it on it lights up for approx 4 seconds, beeps once then turns off, also the clock only shows the time and does not switch to radio display.
Has anybody come across this before, wondering if I have done something stupid or is the unit resigned to being a door stop.
I have checked the wiring and fuses and the connectors give both the permanent and switched live feeds. The only thing I didn't have connected was the aerial as I don't have the adaptor yet.
Any input would be greatly appreciated.

cristec
22nd January, 2010, 05:27 PM
Hi have you plugged two or three connectors in the back of the radio?, the third one sometimes drops down in the centre console it's separate from the power and speaker connector's.
The aerial being un-plugged will not affect the display, only the radio reception.

HTH

musicman2004
22nd January, 2010, 07:06 PM
DOH!!! cheers cristec, I only plugged in 2 connectors. Will have a look for the 3rd one in the morning when its light.

musicman2004
23rd January, 2010, 01:09 PM
Connected 3rd connector, all working now, exept steering controls but will have to check wiring.
Many thanks for advice :D