PDA

View Full Version : Immo off BMW E93 CAS 2008

HaviR
27th December, 2020, 12:18 PM
Hello friends, I have made several IMMO OFFs using EWS3 emulators with the purpose of engine swaps M57 d1, d2 and d3, from 1998 to 2006. In these cases, a 4-digit ISN must be extracted from the eeprom. Now I have a 2008 edc16 ECU that uses the CAS system, where I have verified that the same method does not work.
My question is if someone could tell me what type of emulator would be necessary to install inside the ECU, bearing in mind that the electrical installation will be simplified by installing the engine in an older car where there will be no CAN lines or other elements.
I leave you the eeprom file read through BDM bank in case someone can provide me with the equivalent ISN for the emulator.
Thank you very much in advance.

pepi
28th December, 2020, 09:38 AM
Your ISN on ecu 09 4C , I believe Cartools have emulators for this ECU.

HaviR
28th December, 2020, 07:19 PM
Donīt works with this ISN because EWS3 system is until 2006. After use CAS. Iīve tested...

Lambda1
29th December, 2020, 10:13 AM
CAS isnt your big problem... can be solved in software with immo off (expensive) or ~150€ via ews 4 server emulator. SK isnt just 4 bytes.
Or downgrade to EWS4.3 and run in EWS3 Mode...
But good look with alternator and fueling :)... isnt like the older onces (204hp...). I also learned some years ago by hard way and take times to solve it.

HaviR
29th December, 2020, 05:34 PM
CAS isnt your big problem... can be solved in software with immo off (expensive) or ~150€ via ews 4 server emulator. SK isnt just 4 bytes.
Or downgrade to EWS4.3 and run in EWS3 Mode...
But good look with alternator and fueling :)... isnt like the older onces (204hp...). I also learned some years ago by hard way and take times to solve it.

Are you speaking about this emulator? https://cartools.lv/Shop/product_info.php?cPath=25&products_id=106

Can you say me the SK Code from the EPROM file?

Lambda1
29th December, 2020, 06:03 PM
If its cas3+ you need key to encyrpt. So which cas you got.
also there is everything in instruction at site how to get sk code...

HaviR
29th December, 2020, 10:03 PM
Itīs cas3+.
In my case, the car will not have an EGS, a key, a CAS, or other units installed. It involves installing this donor motor on a much older receiver. I just need the emulator to provide permission to the ECU. The option to downgrade to EWS3 may be good, but I am not sure how to do it.

Lambda1
30th December, 2020, 08:45 AM
Such if you run emu you will need kgm, fueling system from car ... As told isnt like the older EDC16C31 Ecus with simple emulator inside and outcoding some stuff... they were easy to handle.
If its CAS3+ you cant downgrade to ews.
If its CAS3+ you need key to decrpyt ISN Code. Without you are not able to do decryption to get ISN. Without ISN no emulator. Without emulator no CAS delete.