PDA

View Full Version : Quetions about files

JoeTe
31st December, 2020, 09:48 AM
Hi guys I have some quetions for understand about chiptunning

All info about car (maps, vin, immo...etc) are store at eeprom. And all ecu have 1 eeprom or can have more than 1?

Usually you can read partial file (maps) that normally you do by OBD and you can read full file that normally you need remove eeprom from ecu and read it, is right? And partial and full files have different size right? or just partial file is same size that full file but with 'FFFs'?

when you read partial file you just read part of eeprom is right?

In edc15 you can read 512kb file by OBD this is full read? Can I clone EDC15 ecus by "obd" or with pin connections without remove eeprom?

thank you so much

figani
31st December, 2020, 11:00 AM
Hi guys I have some quetions for understand about chiptunning

All info about car (maps, vin, immo...etc) are store at eeprom. Not always, sometimes also in other places...

And all ecu have 1 eeprom or can have more than 1? Yes, can also have two and or more...

Usually you can read partial file (maps) that normally you do by OBD and you can read full file that normally you need remove eeprom from ecu and read it, is right? NO, it depends on ecu, on some ecu´s you can also read full flash by obd... nothing to do with eeprom...

And partial and full files have different size right? Sometimes yes, and sometimes same size...

or just partial file is same size that full file but with 'FFFs'? Yes...

when you read partial file you just read part of eeprom is right? NO...

In edc15 you can read 512kb file by OBD this is full read? Depends on the tool you use...

Can I clone EDC15 ecus by "obd" or with pin connections without remove eeprom? Yes, but it also depends on the tool you use...

thank you so much

good luck..................

JoeTe
31st December, 2020, 01:38 PM
good luck..................

Thanks so much!!!

In case of "clone" edc15 the tool should be MPPS V15. Can I clone?

Thanks again

figani
31st December, 2020, 01:59 PM
Better solder...
Transfer falsh and ee...
5 min finished...