PDA

View Full Version : Newbie channel order help

fleshwoundeu
6th October, 2008, 11:50 PM
Hi, Am new to all this but after reading up on as much as i could i have managed to update my Sagem Dbox2 with Virgin+_v2.1_1x_Sagem_fta:elefant: .
Tried Sportster-Pro_2.00_RC001_20080926_1512_1xI and got a black screen only after boot and no menu's and tried glj_neutrino_060908_kabel_1x_mbox_ready and got everything in german (menu's etc) and no channels :hmmmm2:
Anyway just wondering if it's possible to adjust channel order (e.g bbc1 to channel 1 etc) and maybe rename chanels (have about 10 that have the name bci or something).
just wanted to know if it was possible,either within the dbox menus (have checked but may have missed it) or by changing a file on the dbox itself via ftp.

Thanks in advance for any info/help and i apologise first if it's been answered before but the search function didn't return anything and second if it turns out i have missed the option in the dboxes menu and noobed it up as they say :stupido3:

Devilfish
7th October, 2008, 12:26 PM
You can edit the channels and order them in bouquets (categories) by going to DBOX > SERVICE MENU > BOUQUET EDITOR.

jitjunior
7th October, 2008, 12:31 PM
Hi, Am new to all this but after reading up on as much as i could i have managed to update my Sagem Dbox2 with Virgin+_v2.1_1x_Sagem_fta:elefant: .
Tried Sportster-Pro_2.00_RC001_20080926_1512_1xI and got a black screen only after boot and no menu's and tried glj_neutrino_060908_kabel_1x_mbox_ready and got everything in german (menu's etc) and no channels :hmmmm2:
Anyway just wondering if it's possible to adjust channel order (e.g bbc1 to channel 1 etc) and maybe rename chanels (have about 10 that have the name bci or something).
just wanted to know if it was possible,either within the dbox menus (have checked but may have missed it) or by changing a file on the dbox itself via ftp.

Thanks in advance for any info/help and i apologise first if it's been answered before but the search function didn't return anything and second if it turns out i have missed the option in the dboxes menu and noobed it up as they say :stupido3:

You can transfer an existing bouquet file to your dbox via FTP, this will organise channels into groups and give them correct numbering.

fleshwoundeu
7th October, 2008, 08:53 PM
Thanks for the info guys, is apreciated:cheers:

Is There anyway to rename the channels which are coming up as bci*random number*?

plasterer
7th October, 2008, 09:43 PM
Easiest way is to just Ftp a working bow k across
Var/tuxbox/config/zappit
That will sort you out
Wot area you in ......Paul

fleshwoundeu
8th October, 2008, 01:17 AM
Thx, Am in Manchester.
Were is the best place to get a working one from?, sorry am new to this and only started to read up about my dbox as the person who normally updates/flashes it for me has moved down south.
Luckly i have found alot of usefull info and helpfull ppl to fill in the blanks and managed to flash my dbox sucessfully (thank you all :beer: ), but i have become quite intrigued now by what it can do.
I would class the channel order/naming as only a slight annoyance and was wondering if i could fix it (o.k part intrigue and part O.C.D :beheaded:)

Thx again for everyones help, it's greatly appreciated and i look forward to the day when i can help fellow new comers with questions etc (maybe quite a while till i am as knowledgeable as u lot but am learning something new everday):rock:

08/10/08 03:40am Never mind think i've got the file, will have a try, thx again