PDA

View Full Version : Winols This software version cannot be processed, since it is already modified

Code Breaker
7th January, 2021, 11:28 PM
Hi all, I'm 'totally' new to this, managed to install winols and tried to open map and I get error This software version cannot be processed, since it is already modified.

Don't know what this means and how to get around it.

File attached.

Thank you

DaniXDX
7th January, 2021, 11:35 PM
Check this.

Code Breaker
8th January, 2021, 12:06 AM
Thank you very much, what was I doing wrong?

Learner question - can I write this file now as is? or could I have just written the original even though I couldn't open it in winols?

Thank you again

Tawe
8th January, 2021, 12:11 AM
Learner question - can I write this file now as is?
Thank you again
Nothing wrong from your side. Man who modified the file putted no_read tag on it, so you cannot open it in Winols, but simple hex editor is enough to remove it.

tango
8th January, 2021, 01:39 AM
noread tag and also hes signed it

tango
8th January, 2021, 01:42 AM

Learner question - can I write this file now as is? or could I have just written the original even though I couldn't open it in winols?

Thank you again

answer is yes you can write this file to car if its been made for your car without doing anything to it
you cant read it in winols because of the noread tag which also stops you then reading back from ecu with obd tools ie kess/mpps etc and would then have to open ecu and read with bdm tool ie ktag/ fgtech galletto etc

Code Breaker
8th January, 2021, 12:22 PM
I read this file using Kess via OBD if there was a no read tag then how did Kess read it?

Is there any software that can simply show me what is on and what is off in the map?

Thanks for help again guys

Lambda1
8th January, 2021, 12:42 PM
No, no simply software that show this.
Clone Kess dont care about noread tag

Code Breaker
9th January, 2021, 04:25 PM
Can immo be removed from a map like attached or is that something different?. Can Kess be used to remove immo via OBD? ECU is MED7.5.11

Thanks

Code Breaker
11th January, 2021, 04:20 PM
Can a map be personalised? in other words can you add information in map to mark it as yours?

Lambda1
11th January, 2021, 05:40 PM
sure---------

tango
12th January, 2021, 04:34 AM
Can a map be personalised? in other words can you add information in map to mark it as yours?

yes mark in a blank area of the hex with name you wish then correct checksum

tango
14th January, 2021, 06:25 PM
but this is also classed as stealing someone elses work and making it look like yours and its not good practice dont do it