PDA

View Full Version : ALFA EDC16C39 EGR not quite deleted, help please.

jacekripper
12th January, 2021, 01:57 PM
Hello good people.
I have my Alfa for nearly 2 years now with paperwork says EGR been deleted and blanking plate is in place. However recently EGR plug became loose and car developed P0403 DTC. That's not right is it? Can I ask kindly to look into this map and get issue solved please. If, by chance, there is possibility for smokeless Stage 1+ I'll be gratefull forever. Both cats have been removed, and car originaly hasn't had DPF.
ECU details:
HW: 0281015228
SW: 1037395299

ecuprogramer
12th January, 2021, 02:18 PM
Hi I looked at you file you all ON DPF Egr flaps tva ON nothing is unplugged friend

johak
12th January, 2021, 02:29 PM
egr ok ...........

jacekripper
12th January, 2021, 02:32 PM
Oh this is very strange. Car never had DPF fitted from factory, previous owner physically deleted swirlflaps and EGR, and I have invoice says - remaped. I'm seriously scared now.

rs2000h
12th January, 2021, 06:27 PM
There are several ways to eliminate EGR on these cars.
Some Good and some not so Good.
I am looking for how to make EGR OFF in my Alfa GT without disconnecting the terminal and in the process boost or improve the car a bit.
But I don't have the experience to modify a safe map.
The EGR error does not cause loss of power if you do not disconnect the connector, if you disconnect it.
The 0403 error does not cause a loss of power. And it is caused by the lack of air flow in the EGR, so some map has it wrong.
Do a fault clearing prior to writing, this error is not present in the box instantly, it appears after several times of engine start
I think that these cars, if you have the same HW, can be written from one car to another with a tool that corrects the checksum.
I have the original file of a 2006 Alfa GT 1.9jtd that I never mount FAP.
If I'm wrong, please correct me

jacekripper
12th January, 2021, 06:34 PM
Unfortunately you are mistaken. P0403 does cause power loss as I have experienced such. Regarding your map - my GT is 170 model with dedicated ECU/MAP, but thank you for your offer anyway.

rs2000h
13th January, 2021, 04:22 AM
I can assure you and several people on the forum that this is not the case.
P0403 does not cause loss of power in this vehicle.
I own an alpha Gt apart from testing it many times, the design of this switchboard is like this.
In fact, you can put a blind plate on the EGR to cancel it and not make the EGR OFF map, it will have the engine fault light on but the car will be 100% perfect.
At least in 147,156, GT 1.9 JTDM 16v 150cv with both edc16c8 and edc16c39
I do not know if the 170cv are like that, but the models discussed are not.
I insist, if the terminal is disconnected, it produces a loss of power, but it is not the error p0403