PDA

View Full Version : Dreambox DM-500S was unlocking channels and stopped...

JoannaD
7th October, 2008, 12:00 PM
Hi,
So i bought a Dreambox DM-500S from Dubai, paid for the receiver and the "subscription" that unlocks all showtime, art, and orbit channels for 200$/year (the subscription alone)...
it was working fine, then suddenly, it decides that it doesnt want to unlock the channels anymore... this happened over the span of a week, it was working fine last sunday, and now i can only see free channels... but i'm paying 200$/year for the rest, and they're not working...
i have never owned any kind of satellite receiver before, so i have no idea wat went wrong... is this something that anyone can help me with?

Curious123
7th October, 2008, 12:06 PM
Your reciever is connecting through the internet to cardsharing server somewhere which is currently offline or has been shutdown. Your best bet will be to contact the seller and advise him of your problems.

JoannaD
7th October, 2008, 12:24 PM
hmmm, wow, ok thanks, i'll do that..

firestorm
7th October, 2008, 06:21 PM
what cam are you using ie if you are using gbox you can download gbox control centre and this will show you if your peers are conected also are you using no-ip for a remote dns these will expire after 30day unless you answer there email which would also stop your cardserver from connecting to your box

JoannaD
7th October, 2008, 08:56 PM
Hi, thanks for your reply,
i'm actually using CCcam 2.0.9 coz that's wat the guy in dubai put for me, and come to think of it, it has been around a month since i bought it...
is there a way to do that with CCcam or only gbox?

firestorm
7th October, 2008, 09:16 PM
just one more question which image have you got on your box?because you may be able to download the control centre for ccam via your blue or yellow button then we can see why your channels are not clearing

JoannaD
7th October, 2008, 09:39 PM
umm im not sure how to answer this question, but when i wanna say gemini?
a big GP appears on my screen when i turn the receiver on...

firestorm
7th October, 2008, 11:01 PM
ok it sounds like gemini its a long time since i used gemini becuase gemini kills 500s.Sorry for the delay but i have been called in work i will load gemini on my box tomorrow and write down the instruction on how to find out if your server is working by the way the box is connected to the internet?

JoannaD
8th October, 2008, 07:46 AM
yeah, it's connected to the internet,
thanks a lot btw, u'r the only one across several forums who was willing to help!

Curious123
8th October, 2008, 10:28 AM
yeah, it's connected to the internet,
thanks a lot btw, u'r the only one across several forums who was willing to help!

Your box is working through cardsharing which is an illegal activity in most countries which maybe why people are probably reluctant to assist on most forums.

firestorm
8th October, 2008, 02:03 PM
press the blue button goto addons and then download gemini server then goto cam plugins then download and install CCcam-info-1.1 exit it all then press the blue button again goto plugins and select CCcam info then have a look at your servers and share,providers and you should see if your cardserver is on line and if so what cards are being shared then get back to us please dont post any detials of your server ie name ect

firestorm
8th October, 2008, 05:11 PM
once you have this workin you MUSTchange your mac addres or get rid of gemini as it will kill your box

JoannaD
8th October, 2008, 07:00 PM
ahh well i didnt know that, apparently since the guy is making me pay for it, i didn't know it's illegal...

firestorm
8th October, 2008, 07:21 PM
only if you get caught.thats why this site is cool and others suck

JoannaD
8th October, 2008, 07:35 PM
alright, so i did the info thing, and it told me that the server is offline and there are 0 cards.. ??

firestorm
8th October, 2008, 08:04 PM
this what we expected right ok do you know if you have a dns account(a proxy ip address) something like jonna@no-ip.com?What this is a fixed ip addres that lets your dreambox ip address with your card server

JoannaD
8th October, 2008, 08:32 PM
umm how do i find that out ? sorry im such a pain :S

firestorm
8th October, 2008, 08:53 PM
no problem right you need to download a program called DCC(dreambox control centre)but first did this seller just give you the box or did he come to your house and set it up? as you need ports open on your rooter to allow the dreambox to talk to your cardserver.ok back to the dns download Dcc from this site then install it open the program and go to cofiguration spress the option to search for yor dreambox ip address(the password will be dreambox and user will be root).Then press connect then you will see the two red light turn green.Next got ftp on the left side this will open up a lot of files click on the file named var,then keys you will see a file called cwshare.cfg then right click and selct view,there you should see a line M: (yourname@no-ip.com(*****))that will be your dns address please dont post if you have one just let me know that you have one not what it is also your d line will show your card server

JoannaD
8th October, 2008, 09:24 PM
well considering the guy is in dubai and i live in beirut, lebanon, no he didnt come to my house, he set it up there, and just told me that all i had to do was connect it to the internet and the satellites and it will work fine,
im gona look for this control center of which u speak, download it, then tell u wat happens, thanks a lot :)

firestorm
8th October, 2008, 09:41 PM
while you are doing this you can still open showtime with the dreambox keys you just need to download them(google dreambox keys) and using dcc goto ftp again then keys, then on right hand side open the folder were you have saved the keys to(unzip them first) open the folder that says keys on the right hand side press the blue arrow and it will send them over now repeat with the folder scce reboot your dreambox and showtime should clear

aaakg
7th February, 2009, 10:32 PM
hi I have a similar problem and i really hope you can help me.

i bought dream box 500 s from saudi arabia. It was working amazingly well there. then i brought it to Dubai. It just doesn't work here. Previously i brought a spider reciever to dubai and it worked for a little while then stopped. Is it possible that the ISP is blocking the server. If so, is there any way around it?

opsmonkey
8th February, 2009, 12:55 AM
Have you transferred your DynDNS to your new IP..???

aaakg
8th February, 2009, 06:39 PM
I had static ip for which i had entered the connection settings. In Dubai I have a Dynamic IP. so i don't know what to do. i have checked the setting that will automatically detect the ip address.

fayez
11th February, 2009, 02:30 PM
thanks for this site

hasanadnan
10th April, 2009, 07:33 PM
hi all
i am new to this site.. and seek help in configuring Dreambox500s in Saudi Arabia, Jeddah.

the dreambox is set to factory reset and nothing is working and i cant scan any transponder or channels ..
please help me to setup my dreambox 500s here in Saudi Arabia.

thanks

ecronic
6th September, 2009, 10:33 AM
Hi everyone this is my first post. I have read this forum and do understand how the box works. But I would still like to know if anyone has succeeded in using this box in Dubai to unlock channels.

Incase there's no one who has used it in Dubai then if someone could run me through the process as to how I can achieve this.

Thanks & regards
------------------------
d[ -- _ -- ]b - [Ecronic]

lion-sa
25th September, 2009, 02:26 AM
thanksssssss

Sharkykzn
22nd April, 2010, 07:12 AM
Hi Firestorm. Care to assist me with setup of DM500 in Dubai, looking for Multichoice africa channels?
Cheers

.: JaCkPoT :.
23rd April, 2010, 10:55 AM
This thread has brought alotttt of middle eastern traffic to the site. Not bad.

ms1699ms
2nd August, 2010, 06:56 PM
hi buy to someone new box500s when i open setup it ask me current setup pin? he setup pin? i spend ?170 it work what i went backup?how i can unlock box ?plz help

fungusfeet
2nd August, 2010, 09:39 PM
If people are buying preconfigured boxes with a c line added in by the seller, the box will be locked out and also a dynamic address won't be needed as they will only be connecting to the server, the server will not be connecting to them.

ms1699ms
2nd August, 2010, 10:15 PM
thank?how can i backup this box ?plz

Curious123
3rd August, 2010, 12:11 PM
thank?how can i backup this box ?plz

Try the RED sticky here http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f34/guide-flash-backup-image-via-telnet-760/

ms1699ms
8th August, 2010, 09:49 PM
free servers how can i find?plz

haidershaikh
1st October, 2010, 08:22 PM
hello firestorm
i need help with my dream box i am new here i dont know any thing about how to setup the dream box and i have been using dreambox for past few yrs but now it has stoped working can u help me on this?

hugoboss67
3rd December, 2010, 11:51 AM
Can I please ask your help on Dreambox?

no problem right you need to download a program called DCC(dreambox control centre)but first did this seller just give you the box or did he come to your house and set it up? as you need ports open on your rooter to allow the dreambox to talk to your cardserver.ok back to the dns download Dcc from this site then install it open the program and go to cofiguration spress the option to search for yor dreambox ip address(the password will be dreambox and user will be root).Then press connect then you will see the two red light turn green.Next got ftp on the left side this will open up a lot of files click on the file named var,then keys you will see a file called cwshare.cfg then right click and selct view,there you should see a line M: (yourname@no-ip.com(*****))that will be your dns address please dont post if you have one just let me know that you have one not what it is also your d line will show your card server

owenb
3rd December, 2010, 12:26 PM
just out interest what size dish have u got to receive these channels?

opsmonkey
3rd December, 2010, 08:12 PM
most of the posters are in the middle east.. the dish size they need will be vastly reduced