PDA

View Full Version : connect toshiba regza tv to desktop pc via vga cable help!!!!!!!!!

kaisar1
24th January, 2010, 08:48 AM
hi, i need some help connecting my Fujitsu seimens desktop PC to my Toshiba Regza 37" TV via VGA cable.

i bought a VGA cable assuming that it would be a plug and play job, far from that. the problem is the that screen just flickers/ flashes a black screen.:confused:

i have read some blogs that you have to press fn+f8 on laptops, but i dont have this option on my desktop pc.

any help would be much appreciated. thanks in advance

cheerz

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

dctyper
24th January, 2010, 09:39 AM
this is because the screen is out of range. do you have 2 outputs? if so, keep the monitor pligged in and setup the second screen via properties

dc

kaisar1
24th January, 2010, 01:54 PM
this is because the screen is out of range. do you have 2 outputs? if so, keep the monitor pligged in and setup the second screen via properties

dc

what do you mean the screen is out of range? and i cant keep the monitor plugged in at the same time as the computer has only one VGA port. the is also one VGA port on the TV as well.

i have not got a clue how to make this work.

any help much appreciated

thanks for replying

DanielParker
1st February, 2010, 12:50 AM
What he means is the resolution is higher than the TV can handle or allow.

With your monitor connected right click on your desktop and go to properties, go to settings tab and change the resolution to 800x600.

Then connect your TV to the PC and do the same as above increasing the resolution in steps until it goes black again.

Then plug in your monitor take it back down a step and then plug your TV in.

philmorry
17th February, 2010, 09:04 PM
kaisar 1 go to a comp fair or shop and get a vga cable that is split and run both pc moniter and tv its worked for me mate 40inch pc moniter mint for filkms :) so its a vga split cable 5 mte m to m cable, o all i had to do was alter my screen reso on mi pc moniter to get full screen on the sony............

nemesisdelta7
21st February, 2010, 08:08 PM
hi, i need some help connecting my Fujitsu seimens desktop PC to my Toshiba Regza 37" TV via VGA cable.

i bought a VGA cable assuming that it would be a plug and play job, far from that. the problem is the that screen just flickers/ flashes a black screen.:confused:

i have read some blogs that you have to press fn+f8 on laptops, but i dont have this option on my desktop pc.

any help would be much appreciated. thanks in advance

cheerz

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

if you're running xp, while you pc is loading before the windows splash screen appears try pressing F8 then select "enable vga mode", that usually selects a lower resolution before windows loads, or using the monitor preselect a lower resolution(640x480) before you plug in to the TV, consult your tv manual to determine its maximum resolution