PDA

View Full Version : How do I check signals

lazareth1
24th January, 2010, 08:02 PM
Hi Everyone,

Just got my Dbox2 working thanks to this forum :). But the problem I'm having is I move the splitter around for my TV and modem and now I'm having problems with my modem.

I managed to check the signal levels and its way too high (14dbmv to 15dbmv but should be -15dbmv to 15dbmv).

I want to compare this to what the dbox2 is receiving just in case I have a faulty modem. I've tried the technical information by pressing red then blue on the remote but it doesn't state the down and up dbmv. Is there another menu with this info?

Tommo1973
24th January, 2010, 10:03 PM
Hi m8,
I don't believe the dbox is able to provide this info, if you have a pace box from vm plug that in and hold down the up and down buttons then power the unit on and it will load up the diagnostic menu's. You will be able to check the upstream and downstream power levels from there.

Tommo

lazareth1
24th January, 2010, 10:23 PM
You my friend are a life saver! Plugged in my old scabby Pace/scientific Atlanta box and hey presto, there was the info I needed. It showed the signal at 13dbmv in red so its not the modem at fault. Looks like I'll be getting an attenuator.

Tommo1973
24th January, 2010, 10:34 PM
Happy to help m8, new all them years fixing pace cable boxes would one day prove useful :D