PDA

View Full Version : How to backup motor settings?

Devilfish
7th October, 2008, 08:25 PM
You can backup your services and bouquets using the usual programs, i.e. DreamboxEdit, Bouquet Wizard, etc. But what if you want to try a new image but don't want to store all your satellite positions again?

FTP to your box and navigate to /var/tuxbox/config/enigma.

There is a file called 'config'. In it there should be a line starting with...

s:/elitedvb/DVB/config/lnbs/0/RotorTable=

...and it will have loads of numbers after it. These are your satellite stored positions.

When you flash your new image, DO NOT copy the config file to the new image as there can be differences which will make certain features not work. Edit the existing file to include the line with your own values.

Once you've copied it back to the box, pull the power to the box. If you shut the box down using the shutdown menu, it will write the current positions to the file and overwrite your settings.

I hope this works for you.

calisto
8th October, 2008, 01:49 PM
thanks for this m8, you should make it a sticky?

eyedoc
19th November, 2008, 08:12 PM
Thanks, is there a way to copy from Enigma 1 to Enigma 2, for example if iam using DM7020 and i have DM 800 after installing the image i went to /var/tuxbox/config/enigma. But there was no config file so where is it it located in Enigma 2 pleas, as this will help me alot becase my Stab motor isnot working correctly with the new DM 800 as when i try to postion it and save location manually it doesnot stop, so this way might be good for having all birds saved easly on the Dm 800 Thanks again