PDA

View Full Version : damos or ols file for me2.8.1

1983DXB2
31st January, 2021, 12:16 PM
hey everyone .
i'm isso and i'm new here
the tuner of my car refuses to get me my stock file back into my ECU and since then i started my research to understand those old ECUs it toke me few months to know the word ( Damos) and another 2 for (winols) :black_eyed: so as u can see , i'm disparate.
1- so far i have no way of pulling the file from my car ECU ( i would appreciate it if someone here just mention a name of a device and i will go ahead and do my homework research ). ( i heard of Ktag and Kiss)
2- i dont know which software i use to modify the file ( need just a name and i will do my homework )
3- anyone has the damos or ols file for the w220 s55 kompressor ( m113k) or any mercedes that came with this engine ( w211-E55) ( cl55)

poskus
31st January, 2021, 02:10 PM
1. for pulling the file off, would recomend kess, its kind of foolproof works trought obd2 port, other solutions is like ktag, or something like bdm 100, but it requires dismantaling the ecu itself, and doing it that way, i think it would be kinda complicated for someone with no experiance, so i would recomend kess all day haha.
2. for modifyng the file, like everyone would say, use winols, but i understand how complicated it can be for a new person, since im not a old dog by any means, but more freandly solution would be ecmtitanium. only thing is that it requires original file, it will not find drivers for midified file, and good thing about the program is, that it will find your maps automaticly, like ignition advance, fuel at part throtle and so on, disadvantage is that it will not find all the maps, just the most important ones, it will skip other maps, like lamda or so on, i found that it wont bother finding those maps, and good thing is it plays quite nicely with kess, so look into that! good luck.

1983DXB2
3rd February, 2021, 06:29 AM
1. for pulling the file off, would recomend kess, its kind of foolproof works trought obd2 port, other solutions is like ktag, or something like bdm 100, but it requires dismantaling the ecu itself, and doing it that way, i think it would be kinda complicated for someone with no experiance, so i would recomend kess all day haha.
2. for modifyng the file, like everyone would say, use winols, but i understand how complicated it can be for a new person, since im not a old dog by any means, but more freandly solution would be ecmtitanium. only thing is that it requires original file, it will not find drivers for midified file, and good thing about the program is, that it will find your maps automaticly, like ignition advance, fuel at part throtle and so on, disadvantage is that it will not find all the maps, just the most important ones, it will skip other maps, like lamda or so on, i found that it wont bother finding those maps, and good thing is it plays quite nicely with kess, so look into that! good luck.
first of all , thank you for your replay . i really appreciate taking the time .
i read a bit about kess and ktag and i have ECM titanium but never used it yet , i just thought they will extract the file with there own extension which will not work with winOLS. but if i will get ols file then its great
second question : do u have or know someone who have the ols file for this ECU ? i will be willing to offer some compensation .
third question( stupid and newbie one ) : what is the difference between the ols file and the demos ???
i have a little knowledge in HP tunners with tuning american cars , does that helps me even a little or ... german files are from another world ? :stupido3:
thanks again Poskus

1983DXB2
3rd February, 2021, 12:26 PM

also some people say its not safe to flash those ECUs from the OBD2 port , is that true ?

Newmotors
3rd February, 2021, 06:24 PM
safe job is to unsold the 29f200 and work, or use the galetto to read and write without problems

AVDigitale
3rd February, 2021, 11:29 PM
i have damos for this M113K

1983DXB2
4th February, 2021, 07:49 AM
well i tried to read the ECU with Kess today but it didnt work. kess doesnt show a reading option for my ECU . only write and recovery
i have ksuite 2.53 and 2.7 and kess 5.017. any idea why no reading option ? is it the device or the software ?

1983DXB2
4th February, 2021, 07:50 AM
great , R u willing to tread ? i have quite few if so, let me know what u r looking for ( in case u r looking for something i might have )

1983DXB2
4th February, 2021, 07:50 AM
i have damos for this M113K

great , R u willing to tread ? i have quite few if so, let me know what u r looking for ( in case u r looking for something i might have )