PDA

View Full Version : Tacho Universal V2008

khongjohn
25th January, 2010, 09:17 AM
Hi All,
recently purchased Tacho Universal V2008 to repair dash of 1995 BMW 320i Sedan, Software Version 20.
Plugged in via plug in engine bay, the V2008 then displayed "working" for as long as I leave it attached (10 mins +).
Then tried it on Merc SLK230 1997, plugged in via plug in engine bay, it read mileage but was out by 20,000 kms and did not resemble the actual mileage at all. It then had a flashing cursor for input, I did that and pressed Ok, but there was no variation at all and the odometer is still the same.
Is the tool faulty, am I doing something wrong ? I contacted the manufacturer who fobbed me off to the retailer who have suggested that I buy a repair kit and offer no other solution.
Please HELP
Rgds,.......John

drpeter
27th January, 2010, 07:43 AM
Hi All,
recently purchased Tacho Universal V2008 to repair dash of 1995 BMW 320i Sedan, Software Version 20.
Plugged in via plug in engine bay, the V2008 then displayed "working" for as long as I leave it attached (10 mins +).
Then tried it on Merc SLK230 1997, plugged in via plug in engine bay, it read mileage but was out by 20,000 kms and did not resemble the actual mileage at all. It then had a flashing cursor for input, I did that and pressed Ok, but there was no variation at all and the odometer is still the same.
Is the tool faulty, am I doing something wrong ? I contacted the manufacturer who fobbed me off to the retailer who have suggested that I buy a repair kit and offer no other solution.
Please HELP
Rgds,.......John

I think your V2008 is faulty but with the BMW you can check two things, there is a ''old'' and ''new'' connector, did you tried both? Or is it a compact 3 serie? Then you have to take cluster out.

The mercedes SLK should work (SLK -98), I did many of them.

rreisdorf
9th February, 2010, 07:53 PM
Hi, I'm new to this and have a Tacho Pro v2008 that I'd like to use with a 2007 Jeep Patriot. The default software on the Tacho Pro v2008 doesn't have a choice for a Jeep Patriot, but I know that the Super Tacho v2009 works. Is there a way to update the Tacho Pro v2008 software so that it is compatible with a 2007 Jeep Patriot? Many thanks in advance for any information anyone can provide.

drpeter
9th February, 2010, 08:11 PM
Hi, I'm new to this and have a Tacho Pro v2008 that I'd like to use with a 2007 Jeep Patriot. The default software on the Tacho Pro v2008 doesn't have a choice for a Jeep Patriot, but I know that the Super Tacho v2009 works. Is there a way to update the Tacho Pro v2008 software so that it is compatible with a 2007 Jeep Patriot? Many thanks in advance for any information anyone can provide.
Update is not possible, read dump with diga (93C76) and post dump here, we calculate mileage for you.

P.S. Super tacho doesn't work!

rreisdorf
9th February, 2010, 09:13 PM
Update is not possible, read dump with diga (93C76) and post dump here, we calculate mileage for you.

P.S. Super tacho doesn't work!
Thank you, drpeter. I will do that and post the dump. Also, thanks for the info on Super Tacho!