PDA

View Full Version : Newbie advise needed

baz03
4th February, 2021, 11:53 AM
Hi, All so I've been around awhile and in the past programmed many satellite cards EEPROMs, etc.
I have been cutting and programming car keys for a little while but really want to get into ECU reading file config/adjustment second-hand ECU replacements etc etc.
firstly what tools do I need to read and look at the files?
I've looked at Kess v2 slave and master but really not sure.. Any advice would be great I know the risks of bricking ecus etc.
Thanks Brian

chrisimerk
4th February, 2021, 12:33 PM
Hi, All so I've been around awhile and in the past programmed many satellite cards EEPROMs, etc.
I have been cutting and programming car keys for a little while but really want to get into ECU reading file config/adjustment second-hand ECU replacements etc etc.
firstly what tools do I need to read and look at the files?
I've looked at Kess v2 slave and master but really not sure.. Any advice would be great I know the risks of bricking ecus etc.
Thanks Brian

kess v2 for obd reads and ktag for bdm in case you brick them is ok to start with and winols to look at the files dont use ecm its crap get map packs damos etc for winols.

jobs a goon en

regards

baz03
4th February, 2021, 03:20 PM
Hi Thanks for the info would that V2 master not Slave ?
Not sure the files can be dumped and read on the slave.

Do you convert your own files?

First one i want to try on is my own Fiat Ducato 3.0 minibus Bosch EDC16C39 has a speed limiter on and standard scanner wont alter it as its a legal limit for the bus that im converting to motorhome.
Is this posible?
Thanks

volkswagen1234
4th February, 2021, 03:34 PM
Yes read ecu in table (KTAG read)
Post Dump, I can delete Your Speed Limit

Regards
:)

baz03
4th February, 2021, 03:46 PM
Hi when you say table you mean direct from ecu flash or OBD?
Thanks

chrisimerk
4th February, 2021, 03:48 PM
Hi Thanks for the info would that V2 master not Slave ?
Not sure the files can be dumped and read on the slave.

Do you convert your own files?

First one i want to try on is my own Fiat Ducato 3.0 minibus Bosch EDC16C39 has a speed limiter on and standard scanner wont alter it as its a legal limit for the bus that im converting to motorhome.
Is this posible?
Thanks

That would be for kess master as with slave only the master can change the file its slaved too and there encrypted.

baz03
4th February, 2021, 05:28 PM
Dont shout at me.... But does anyone use clone tools or is it to dangerous ?

chrisimerk
4th February, 2021, 05:55 PM
Depends what you want to do if you want to do it as a profession use original if you want to do it now and again meaning not many customers or as a hobby clone tools are fine

baz03
4th February, 2021, 06:07 PM
Thanks again Chrisimerk, ive got genuine Delphi, Autel, Bosch and Autodiagnos scanners but i tried the clone Delphi first then bought the genuine one for updates and less hasle etc. I wondered if maybe the clones could get me testing the water a little then if i wanted to add it to the business would go for the genuine tools.
I presume i can still get files etc with the clone to satrt testing yeh?
Anywhere you would recomend for clones? what sort of file cost should i expect? can you do them?
cheers

chrisimerk
4th February, 2021, 06:15 PM
Yeah clone tools can be used to get the feel of things then go for genuine.

Yes you can still read write most cars with clone edc15, edc16, siemens and some edc17 etc depending on year of manufacture.

To get the clones ebay check the rep to make sure there reputable first.

Files can cost anywhere from £20 to 150 even more depending on who you go with for file service £20 being on the really cheap side the files are probably quick % jobs and not that good but again look at the rep of who you want to go with proof of work websites and fb pages etc before jumping into a file service to make sure there genuine tuners.

regards