PDA

View Full Version : w211 2003 with tacho universal

GolfmkI
25th January, 2010, 03:42 PM
Hello I dont understand very well how it is the process for correcting mileage in this car with tacho universal.
In my Deutsh pdf it seems there are two ways one KM and one KM AND FLASH . I dont speak any germany, and translations are very incomprehensive.

Also it says i need cable c+e klasse and it doesnt exist in the list so i supose it is new mb can cable. I have this cable.

I post entire instructions,so anyone could help me.

"

Benutzen Sie den C+E -Klasse-Tachostecker & Can Hardware

? Ziehen Sie das Kombiinstrument aus dem Armaturenbrett heraus.

? Verbinden Sie den C+E-Klasse-Tachostecker mit dem Tacho und dem Can Hardware & Tacho Universal .

? W?hlen Sie im Tacho Universal die gew?nschte programmierungs- art

? E-Klasse Can Diag W211/209 Men?punkt "KM" : Das Tacho wird mit dem neuen Kilometerstand programmiert. Das Z?ndschloss muss programmiert werden, damit der neue Stand im Fahrzeug angezeigt werden. Men?punkt "KM+Flash" : Das Tacho wird mit dem neuen Kilometerstand programmiert. Das Z?ndschloss muss nicht programmiert werden, sondern es wird der automatische Standabgleich unterdr?ckt.

? Der Tacho Universal zeigt Ihnen nicht den alten Kilometerstand an
Sondern ??????.

? Geben Sie den neuen KM-Stand ein.

? Best?tigen Sie den neuen KM-Stand mit OK

Achtung !

Wenn Sie das Z?ndschloss unbedingt hochsetzen wollen dann bitte wie folgt:
Erst "KM+Flash" und einen niedrigeren Stand probieren. Wenn nach Einbau, das Tacho den niedrigen Stand anzeigt und auch beh?lt, dann das Tacho mit "KM" hochsetzen, einbauen, warten und mit "KM" wieder aufden gew?nschten Stand setzen.
Mercedes Seite 28

Bitte unbedingt Beachten vor dem Programmieren
Auf die richtige reinfolge "

any help will be appreciated.

GolfmkI
25th January, 2010, 03:49 PM
I have read in other post in forum that this model does not need to remove cluster, so my information it is not well, can anyone help me about connector and instructions must i use for these model.

drdre78
25th January, 2010, 04:18 PM
hi there is no point trying to adjust millage cos it is also kept in other control modules.

drpeter
25th January, 2010, 07:06 PM
Hello I dont understand very well how it is the process for correcting mileage in this car with tacho universal.
In my Deutsh pdf it seems there are two ways one KM and one KM AND FLASH . I dont speak any germany, and translations are very incomprehensive.

Also it says i need cable c+e klasse and it doesnt exist in the list so i supose it is new mb can cable. I have this cable.

I post entire instructions,so anyone could help me.

"

Benutzen Sie den C+E -Klasse-Tachostecker & Can Hardware

?

Ziehen Sie das Kombiinstrument aus dem Armaturenbrett heraus.

? Verbinden Sie den C+E-Klasse-Tachostecker mit dem Tacho und dem Can Hardware & Tacho Universal .

? W?hlen Sie im Tacho Universal die gew?nschte programmierungs- art

? E-Klasse Can Diag W211/209 Men?punkt "KM" : Das Tacho wird mit dem neuen Kilometerstand programmiert. Das Z?ndschloss muss programmiert werden, damit der neue Stand im Fahrzeug angezeigt werden. Men?punkt "KM+Flash" : Das Tacho wird mit dem neuen Kilometerstand programmiert. Das Z?ndschloss muss nicht programmiert werden, sondern es wird der automatische Standabgleich unterdr?ckt.

? Der Tacho Universal zeigt Ihnen nicht den alten Kilometerstand an
Sondern

??????.

? Geben Sie den neuen KM-Stand ein.

? Best?tigen Sie den neuen KM-Stand mit OK

Achtung !
Wenn Sie das Z?ndschloss unbedingt hochsetzen wollen dann bitte wie folgt:
Erst "KM+Flash" und einen niedrigeren Stand probieren. Wenn nach Einbau, das Tacho den niedrigen Stand anzeigt und auch beh?lt, dann das Tacho mit "KM" hochsetzen, einbauen, warten und mit "KM" wieder aufden gew?nschten Stand setzen.
Mercedes Seite 28

Bitte unbedingt Beachten vor dem Programmieren
Auf die richtige reinfolge "

any help will be appreciated.

its not so hard, km+flash and you don't have to program the EZS module (they change the cluster sofware so that the EZS has no influence on the cluster).

If you choose KM then you have to take out the EZS and program it with a CAS programmer for example to 0 km.

tachonow
25th January, 2010, 08:46 PM
And after that take out ZGS module and programm it also and so on...

GolfmkI
25th January, 2010, 09:14 PM
Ok, i dont want to program no modules.

So I use KM AND FLASH method.
What about connector, in manual says mb c+e connector, but i dont find this connector , anyone with tacho univeral can help me. I think I must use MB can connector, that has a connector that it is direct to tha dashboard.

Should be this connector ?
Should i use other connector? Via Obd?

If anyone has a pdf with some information it will be vbery appreciated.

Thanks

yasser
25th January, 2010, 09:15 PM
So this is exact translation:

"Use the C+E - class Tachostecker & CAN hardware
• Pull the combination instrument out of the instrument panel.
• Connect to the C+E class Tachostecker with the Tacho and CAN hardware & Tacho universal.
• Select in the Tacho universal the desired programming of kind

• E-class CAN Diag W211/209 menu option " KM" :
The Tacho is programmed with the new odometer reading.
The starter lock must be programmed,
so that the new being located in the vehicle are indicated.
Menu option " KM+Flash" : The Tacho is programmed with the
new odometer reading. The starter lock does not have to be
programmed, but the automatic condition alignment is suppressed

• The Tacho universal shows you not the old odometer reading at separating ??????.
• Enter the new mileage.
• Confirm the new mileage with OK

Note! If you the starter lock absolutely to advance want then please
as follows: Only " KM+Flash" and lower conditions try.
If after installation, which indicates and also keeps Tacho the low
conditions, then the Tacho with " KM" advance, insert, wait
and with " KM" set again aufden desired conditions.
Mercedes page 28 Absolutely ask attention before programming
After the correct clean-follow " any help fuel element wants
appreciated.

• Confirm the new mileage with OK"

It is verry easy using "http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate_txt"

I do not know german, but......

And those Mercedes dashboards you have to make both
dash and EZS, also if it is E-klas then you have to make ZGW (zentrales gateway) There are written all of oil changes and other information ;)

GolfmkI
25th January, 2010, 10:32 PM
thanks but this translation i have done yet, but it is not very clear:

Note! If you the starter lock absolutely to advance want then please
as follows: Only " KM+Flash" and lower conditions try.
If after installation, which indicates and also keeps Tacho the low
conditions, then the Tacho with " KM" advance, insert, wait
and with " KM" set again aufden desired conditions.
Mercedes page 28 Absolutely ask attention before programming
After the correct clean-follow " any help fuel element wants
appreciated.

And connector it is a problem, in list of connectors of the tacho universal it does not exist any c+e connector........

So it seems there are other method with tacho universal (digimaster).

But of course I?ll appreciate your help. :D

yasser
25th January, 2010, 11:13 PM
I was tryed before to read secured mcu from EZS(ignition) from MB W211 E-class, but without sucsess.
Some other people says that Tacho Universal is not too safe to work with it.

Better way is CAS reseter or ELT UPA Usb programmer

Cable forr MB dash like W211 s not copleted with connector.
Just cables.
I'm uploading it, but only changing km in dash is not enought.
Must change in EZS (ignition)

GolfmkI
25th January, 2010, 11:24 PM
Yes this is my cable!!

If I only change mileage in dash with KM + FLASH option in tacho universal??

By this way no communication should be between tacho and EZS. Nothing could be broken, only have care because KM does not match???????

Or you recomend me not to do anything if I have not way to programm EZS module???

Sincerelly i would not like to reprogram any module, because I onle have Tacho Universal for the whole process.

yasser
25th January, 2010, 11:36 PM
If you change only in dash , and connect it in the car old milleage will back on the screen, like you did not do the dash.
If there is no comunication between dash and car , so then there will be many problems.

For newer model , where in EZS are inserted NEC processosr, so as i know there still not programmers to sell, so for those cars there are can filters, you have to do just dash, and connect filter between dash ans dash cable, so this hardware is lying car, that eerything is OK.

But for w211 I do not know can be done in same way.
And ofcourse, when you do w211 you have to do dash, ezs, and zgw. Then after fit all components in car must make diagnotic on all systems and clearing errors.

drpeter
26th January, 2010, 08:01 AM
If you change only in dash , and connect it in the car old milleage will back on the screen, like you did not do the dash.
If there is no comunication between dash and car , so then there will be many problems.

For newer model , where in EZS are inserted NEC processosr, so as i know there still not programmers to sell, so for those cars there are can filters, you have to do just dash, and connect filter between dash ans dash cable, so this hardware is lying car, that eerything is OK.

But for w211 I do not know can be done in same way.
And ofcourse, when you do w211 you have to do dash, ezs, and zgw. Then after fit all components in car must make diagnotic on all systems and clearing errors.

Just clearing errors is not enough, what about the assyst plus (service maintenance records)? Old mileage is also hidden there. So keep it simple just program Km+flash if it's not your car :-) and use the MB -CAN cable, if you have a cable without connector just connect the wires (see schematic above).

gizmo666
13th November, 2010, 10:57 AM
can someone upload cable schema once again because i cant open it?

vageric
13th November, 2010, 04:25 PM
can someone upload cable schema once again because i cant open it?

here you go m8 !!!!!!!

gizmo666
14th November, 2010, 07:15 PM
thanks!!! i really need this..

labban
20th December, 2010, 04:48 PM
thanks!!! i really need this..

ill send the file to ya BRO!

user2468
25th June, 2011, 08:34 AM
Use Cable 16

moto111
7th March, 2012, 12:27 AM
it might sound like a stupid question but i never used the tacho universal to do one of these but i would like to try it to see if it works,
Q1.do you just use cable 16 on its own into the back of the dashboard. and enter 999999 plug it back in the car and then take it back out and then enter your required mileage.
Q2. or do you have to use the can interface in series with the cable 16 just a bit confused if someone would not mind clearing the procedure up for me cheers.