PDA

View Full Version : Reserching glow control maps in hexdump of EDC16U1 Audi A3 2004

davorsule
6th February, 2021, 10:51 AM
Audi A3 1.9 tdi 77 kW, bkc
03G906016J
ecu nr. 0281011383
softw. 368596
version 5347

Hello tuners!
Can someone help me to find some maps or maybe have damos for this version of software.
I'm researching how glow control works. I have damos file from similar software, version is different and lot of maps I found for pre-glow, start glow and post glow phase, but can't find
two main maps for interim glow (Zwischenglühen):
1) GlwCtl_stIntr1_MAP (input variables are engine water temp and iat_air temp)
2) GlwCtl_stIntr2_MAP (eng_nAvrg rpm and InjCtl_qCurr injection quantity)
I want to confirm if interim glow is enabled or disabled in this system. I already confirmed that pre-glow, start glow and post-glow work.

davorsule
7th February, 2021, 09:25 AM
Good morning,
maybe someone knows somethning about interim glowing on these vag engines?

DiegoStud
7th February, 2021, 05:17 PM
VCDS- Measure Group 12- Glow status- If it's 11110000 then it's Zwischenglühenerningingnigning

GlwCtl_tiGlowMax_C gives the maximum time- generally it's a 0.

davorsule
7th February, 2021, 06:29 PM
VCDS- Measure Group 12- Glow status- If it's 11110000 then it's Zwischenglühenerningingnigning

I'll try log data of glow status while driving at cold weather driving downhill and without injection of fuel, maybe then will turn on, but can't find exact maps which control these inter-glow..
in software documentation writes that some glwctl_stIntr1&2_maps exist..

davorsule
7th February, 2021, 06:43 PM

GlwCtl_tiGlowMax_C can't find in software documentationP_197_v10.

DiegoStud
9th February, 2021, 01:21 PM
Yes it's not in there, attached is the same section from another SW description that is more relevant and does contain it.
The attached picture is part of the GlwCtl_Logic subroutine and the conditions to set "F1" as a wait to "F0" aka "11110000" in EDC16U31
If you compare the two diagrams to the attached picture you will see which one is being followed.

I've a good feeling yours will be similar.

Regards

davorsule
9th February, 2021, 07:58 PM
Yes it's not in there, attached is the same section from another SW description that is more relevant and does contain it.
The attached picture is part of the GlwCtl_Logic subroutine and the conditions to set "F1" as a wait to "F0" aka "11110000" in EDC16U31
If you compare the two diagrams to the attached picture you will see which one is being followed.

I've a good feeling yours will be similar.

Regards

Yes, I see now better. Maybe the same system is on edc16u1, this is from edc16u31 you told. Only difficult to find in damos this map, or I will try to log data to see if i'll get status for intermediate glow and then try to find in file this map that control maximum time and qthres and tthres_C. I have feeling that I see this two constants, but they are 0 .
Also I don't have enough experience to compare with logic subroutine.. but I think I understand something.. for example IAT temp is one variable
it's german language in software documentation so it takes more time to me to understand and read everythink :D

thank you