PDA

View Full Version : Astra H 1.7 Denso

audia4b7
6th February, 2021, 12:32 PM
Hello,
friend has Astra H 1.7 CDTI with Denso ECU.
We think that the ECU is dead because car doesn't start and OBD reader says "no communication to ECU".

What is required to be done after we change the ECU to another used one?
I think the options are to code it at a dealership or to do immo off if that is possible?

I just have Kess so I am not sure if there is a way to do it without K-Tag?

bendy
6th February, 2021, 01:38 PM
Hi,
To program second hand ecu you will need pin for doner ecu (so you can reset ecu) & pin for the car it is being fitted to.
not sure about immo off solution for this ecu but some one else on DK may be able to help with that.

what other tools do you have?

brend
6th February, 2021, 02:37 PM
Yeasy reset ecu pin away .

sebage
6th February, 2021, 03:02 PM
If we talk about Denso with SH7058 / 7059, you can read the eeprom memory from it with Kess V2 and so we can find out the security code of the "new sh" ECU.
Then with the help of Tech2 or even with OpCom, you can reset and reprogram it with the car's security code.
If you do not have the car's security code, you will need to find out from other devices on the car.

sumi1
6th February, 2021, 05:06 PM
Read ic 502 (eeprom 93A86 x16) and post here for pincode

audia4b7
6th February, 2021, 08:21 PM
Thank you very much guys.
I just have Kess. No other tools for programming.
I will post back if we decide to get the ecu and then we see what we can do. ;)

brend
6th February, 2021, 09:00 PM
Next time just don't take job if you can't to do nothing like full clon or ecu install.
Kess only for get map .

Thank you very much guys.
I just have Kess. No other tools for programming.
I will post back if we decide to get the ecu and then we see what we can do. ;)

sebage
6th February, 2021, 09:26 PM
You see that the lack of communication with the ECU can occur for several reasons. Did you make sure that there are + 12V power supplies and GND pins? At the same time, the CAN bus should not be blocked by another computer (short circuit between H and L, short circuit at + or at GND) or not be interrupted until the ECU.
If all this is fine, you can plug in the "new sh" ECU and see if you can communicate with it. Then with Kess V2, you can read the eeprom memory through OBD and post the content, we will try to put in your eeprom the car's VIN and the car's security code, if you have it. (I hope there is no need for checksum in this eeprom).

audia4b7
7th February, 2021, 08:18 AM
Thank you for your help.
I am sorry if I hurt someones feelings because I'm not that skilled with this kinda stuff.
I just wanted to know how and what is possible.
If she get the ecu and we decide to try with Kess I will post again.