PDA

View Full Version : EGR and DTC off Passat B6 EDC17CP20

TTR
7th February, 2021, 12:40 PM
Hello
I have a Passat B6 ECU 03L907389B EDC17CP2 here, I would like to get rid of EGR and error code EGR

Here is the File (Map)

Can someone explain to me why Ktag split it into 3 files?
Or should I save it as one file?

Thanks at al for Help greetings TTR

mrjay88
7th February, 2021, 01:28 PM
Here you go test and report pass in pm

and save it as 3 files if you want to modify the map one is micro one is extflash and the other is eeprom and save it as 1 file for a back up incase anything goes wrong
the file i have posted you only write back to mpc meaning micro hope that helps

Carli
7th February, 2021, 01:35 PM
Ktag separate files, so one should be flash (if present ) or if not then MPC (maps), Eeprom and full backup.
If u read Full backup u need to save separate.

TTR
7th February, 2021, 02:09 PM
Here you go test and report pass in pm

and save it as 3 files if you want to modify the map one is micro one is extflash and the other is eeprom and save it as 1 file for a back up incase anything goes wrong
the file i have posted you only write back to mpc meaning micro hope that helps

Thanks for your help and work
but Ktag says "wrong file"
Now i read new and saved it as one file

Here is it as one File

mrjay88
7th February, 2021, 02:39 PM
Here you go try that one mate same pass

TTR
7th February, 2021, 03:09 PM
thanks mrjay88 but unfortunately Ktag doesn't take the file either, I'm afraid 2MB are too big, have you seen the second one that I uploaded it, which is "only" 976KB in size
I write it back (the org File) and that works

Greetings TTR

mrjay88
7th February, 2021, 03:34 PM
i dont understand why your ktag is doing that are those 3 files readouts from using you ktag because the readout is fine its weird it wont write it back yet it created the file

TTR
7th February, 2021, 03:41 PM
I can't explain it to myself either, if I write back the original (975KB) it works and Ktag also accepts it

Tawe
7th February, 2021, 04:20 PM
I can't explain it to myself either, if I write back the original (975KB) it works and Ktag also accepts it
You already have files from other members. When you open KTAG, choose car, and deselect Restore, but select MPC and click write.

TTR
7th February, 2021, 07:51 PM
You already have files from other members. When you open KTAG, choose car, and deselect Restore, but select MPC and click write.

Hello Tawe
if i deselect Restore i have nothing else to select (for example) to write it on the ECU ,i am not yet on the Laptop but if i remember right i only can select read or restore
tomorrow i take a look on the screen ands made pictures (screenshots) of it

Greetings TTR

Tawe
7th February, 2021, 09:39 PM
When you deselect Restore (squere box), under it choose MPC (round dot).

mrjay88
7th February, 2021, 10:07 PM
as tawe said like this on the picture its very easy

TTR
8th February, 2021, 11:14 AM
I am back ;-))
Thanks to all for Help and support ;-))
it worked

mrjay88 thanks to you, both maps are working car runs..... great job Dude

but In the fault memory, it sets the fault code : P0073 ambient air temperature sensor circuit input signal high
is that OK ?

mrjay88
8th February, 2021, 12:13 PM
I am back ;-))
Thanks to all for Help and support ;-))
it worked

mrjay88 thanks to you, both maps are working car runs..... great job Dude

but In the fault memory, it sets the fault code : P0073 ambient air temperature sensor circuit input signal high
is that OK ?

Thats a genuine fault mate either the sensor is broken or the plug has corrosion or a break in the wire u will probably find its a broken wire common fault on vw's

TTR
8th February, 2021, 03:10 PM
You are right :top:
I found it ,brocken wire under the Bumper
I was just amazed that the outside temperature sensor for the cluster "appears" in the engine control unit :roflmao: