PDA

View Full Version : Hi getting trouble with RB4 D37

goodtime
25th January, 2010, 05:27 PM
My car is audi s4 and an instrument cluster is bosch RB4 D37.

I tried vag k-can v3 to correct odometer.
but I made a mistake while doing that.

I tried to read km and it said "fffffffff...f" I had to stop going advance. but i just wrote down some thing like 60000km and pressed "Write " button ...

it showed me "error" on a odo km panel.

so I opened the cluster and tried to dump from a 24c08

and I looked the file , I found 00 0f 00 0f 00 0f ... bytes at the very beginning. I compared my file with another D37 file that I downloaded in here.

corrupted file
0000 00 0F 00 0F 00 0F 00 0F 00 0F 00 0F 00 0F 00 0F
0010 00 5E B8 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

another normal file.
0000 67 CB 34 93 B7 B4 D1 D5 EB 0D 67 41 0E F2 B7 F7
0010 54 02 FD 01 EB 00 00 00 3C 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

I've checked if there was some problem with my workbench.
nothing wrong, write & read works perfectly. i write something and read it again and compare an output file with the original file. it's the same, so i can say it's ok.

It seems 00 0f 00 0f ... is like what ppl say it's corrupted.

So I wrote another file that i downloaded from here to the eeprom. and plugged the cluster and tried to start engine..

and I see nothing on the left clock panel, nothing on the right km panel. and only a center lcd shows me some random crab.

Now, I can't even start the car because I see "immo key" lamp on the cluster and I looked a fault code it says "Engine start blocked by immobilizer" so... I wrote down the corrupted file..
nothing is changed. i still see the immo problem..

so.. for now what I can guess is .. once i mis-matched immo data with an ecu, immo blocks even with I rewrite the original data to the cluster. .. .. i just don't know...

How can I make the cluster to MODE 4(factory default)?

If I've made it to MODE 4 successfully, how do I remap keys?...

Immo data is on the EEPROM? or anywhere else?..
or Do I need to modify an ecu as well??..

Please let me know what else I can try more..
Thank you in advance.

Best regards!

gma222
25th January, 2010, 07:24 PM
im*o is in 24c08 eeprom
yor original mileage is 47198 km?

goodtime
25th January, 2010, 07:34 PM
im*o is in 24c08 eeprom
My odo is approximately 123,440 km.

goodtime
25th January, 2010, 07:43 PM
im*o is in 24c08 eeprom
My km is approximately 123,440 km.

motorsport
25th January, 2010, 07:53 PM
you have save file?

goodtime
25th January, 2010, 08:02 PM
you have save file?

Unfortunately I don't have the original file.

I have the corrupted file only, It showed me error on the odo panel after i used vag commander.

I was able to drive before I did benchwork to another file that I downloaded here, ....after the benchwork the im*o issue has encountered.

I believe, i rollbacked to the corrupted file. but i still have the im*o issue.

audi.mine.bin is what i dumped from the cluster.

motorsport
25th January, 2010, 08:09 PM
you need new file and coding cluster with vag com

goodtime
25th January, 2010, 08:33 PM
you need new file and coding cluster with vag com

Yes, I could do that I don't have PIN codes for old and new.

I have vag com.

what do you use to write a file to the cluster?

because I have immo issue, I can not even enter the "instrument cluster" section of vag com. when i try it, it says "too many communication errors".

however it looks like I need PIN codes.
every car has a pin code?.. or cluster and ecu have each pin code?

Let me know.

motorsport
25th January, 2010, 10:30 PM
witch tool you have have if you have ny04 input new file the sofatware give you pin and input fil in 24CO8 with programator or with vag commender and wite eeprom and with vag com go to instrument input pin login on coding and seconly on adapataion and save

17 instrument
11 coding
imput pin example pin 2040 need make 02040
adaptation 10
make chanel 21
read

imput 0
and save
and worklng sure
and car switch on

goodtime
26th January, 2010, 03:43 AM
witch tool you have have if you have ny04 input new file the sofatware give you pin and input fil in 24CO8 with programator or with vag commender and wite eeprom and with vag com go to instrument input pin login on coding and seconly on adapataion and save

17 instrument
11 coding
imput pin example pin 2040 need make 02040
adaptation 10
make chanel 21
read

imput 0
and save
and worklng sure
and car switch on

Thank you for your input.

Ok, I need a new file. but where could I find it?
S4 in korea is kinda rare..

and even if I had it, vin and immo id won't match with my car.

Is it still ok?
or you meant I need a virgin file? ...

I'd be very happy If I could find MODE 4 file.

if somebody has it please send me.

motorsport
26th January, 2010, 01:46 PM
the vin can be change with vag commender or with liznick on the line of your file new cluster

goodtime
26th January, 2010, 05:43 PM
the vin can be change with vag commender or with liznick on the line of your file new cluster

I found more information.

1. my car is audi 2k3 s4 4.2L.
2. the rb4 cluster's number is 8E0 920 930L.

I can't find any match on NYO 4.0 ......

However, let's go back to 1 month ago,
When I read odo km by using vag Commander v3.0
it showed me 4294967295 that's like ffffffff in hex.

I'm not sure if RB4 (8E0 920 930L) is encrypted (crypto).

I'm gonna try to write eeprom with vag commander.
but because it has failed to read my cluster, a writing by using vag commander a file to my cluster will work? .. of course I can STFUed and try it but I won't notice if it was successful or not.

Should I keep using my vag commander v3?.. or Do I have any alternative options?..

What's the most trusted way?..

however my goal is not setting a new odo km on it, i just wanna fix my cluster!!.

motorsport
26th January, 2010, 06:17 PM
witch,year your car ?

goodtime
26th January, 2010, 06:22 PM
witch,year your car ?

Year : 2003

motorsport
26th January, 2010, 06:24 PM
100% CRYPTO

goodtime
26th January, 2010, 06:27 PM
100% CRYPTO

What could I try more?

Alex789
27th January, 2010, 10:17 AM
Of course, you need dump from the same dash. I have in my archive 8E0920950L RB4 D37 with known pin/mileage. If you want you can test to desolder eeprom chip in your dash and program my dump. Then get login from ECU and using VCDS make procedure for "used dash swapping".
Login (old dash)
50 enter own login
[Test]
[Save]
[Done, Go Back]
[Close Controller, Go Back - 06]
Switch OFF the ignition and let the car sit for ~1 minute, then switch ON the ignition again.

goodtime
27th January, 2010, 04:35 PM
Of course, you need dump from the same dash. I have in my archive 8E0920950L RB4 D37 with known pin/mileage. If you want you can test to desolder eeprom chip in your dash and program my dump. Then get login from ECU and using VCDS make procedure for "used dash swapping".
Login (old dash)
50 enter own login
[Test]
[Save]
[Done, Go Back]
[Close Controller, Go Back - 06]
Switch OFF the ignition and let the car sit for ~1 minute, then switch ON the ignition again.

Thanks for your input.

Your file is 8E0920950L RB4 D37
Mine is 8E0920930L RB4 D37

950, 930 what would that mean? u know what the differences are?

I'll try ur file tomorrow. but I have a few questions.

"If you want you can test to desolder eeprom chip in your dash and program my dump."
<-- what do you mean by "program"?
I understand just write your file to the eeprom?
Let me know if you meant something else.

Should I use vag k-can to write your file to my cluster?..

And another question is
procedure is like
1. write your file.
2. plug vcds and do the swap.

but if the pin is in my older cluster.. once I write down your file.
my old pin will be disappeared, won't it? or.. my pin is in my ECU?

i'm confused about PIN code.

Where are pin codes? and I do not have my pin code. where can I retrieve it from? ....

If I write down another file ( different im*o id, different vin) to my cluster, im*o will block starting engine, won't it?

Sorry I have too many questions.

Any input will be appreciated much!
Thank you!

tachonow
27th January, 2010, 09:15 PM
The RBx dash cant be adapted on car only with virgin factory dump. You need to write eprom with this kind of dump or need original Vag Commander sw which have option to virginize the dash. Then the procedure is clasic. Write Vin restore factory settings and programm keys. Also Commander can read im*o loggin from Edc15.

goodtime
28th January, 2010, 01:46 PM
The RBx dash cant be adapted on car only with virgin factory dump. You need to write eprom with this kind of dump or need original Vag Commander sw which have option to virginize the dash. Then the procedure is clasic. Write Vin restore factory settings and programm keys. Also Commander can read im*o loggin from Edc15.

Hi

Thank you for your input!!!.

Could you recommend me a real vag commander?

I found abritus72 has a decent version...

Which one should I buy?

Or could anybody give me a virgin dump??..

Thank you!!

tachonow
28th January, 2010, 02:10 PM
Hi

Thank you for your input!!!.

Could you recommend me a real vag commander?

I found abritus72 has a decent version...

Which one should I buy?

Or could anybody give me a virgin dump??..

Thank you!!
Only Abritus is the original. You can buy the original interface from them and basic sw. After that all modules that you need can buy separate.
Better to find virgin dump. Sorry but I cant help you more.

Alex789
31st January, 2010, 02:12 PM
Sorry for delay. I missed your thread, because they move very quickly in this forum.

- 950 and 930 are different dumps, but with similar structure. So, if you don't have dump from
dash like yours, why not to make a test? You have nothig to loose, cause you can, always, put
corrupted dump back. I can upload a few same dumps more if want.

- I mearnt you can write my dump in eeprom with VAG K+CAN commander through OBDII or desolder
chip and use usual programmer.

- Put my dump in the cluster and install it in the car. Now your key will be refused and im*o
lamp go to stay on.

- Login is stored in ECU and dash. Dash contains im*o and CAN gateway also in eeprom.

- Get your car's login from ECU. You can upload ECU's dump here and we find it.

- Use VCDS (VAG Com) or Commander and open Instrument cluster controller (17 address). Enter my
login "00212" in "11-login" window (dash will be released and ready to be adapted to the another
car). Then go to adaption "10", choose channel 50 and press "read' button. In input field you'll
see "32000'. Enter login of your car and press "Test". In upper part of the screen (VCDS) will be
shown "Key is OK". Press "save", close controller and switch ignition off. After 1 minute switch ignition
on. If all was OK you will be able to start the vehicle.

- VIN of your car will appear in dash instead of old one. That's all.

You don't need to readapt your keys!
Having both logins you don't need to make dash virgin!

I use original VCDS and AVDI (VAG K+CAN commander). Unfortunately commander can extract login
from such dash when connected to the car only.

If you have more questions pls share them.

Best wishes and have success.

Alex

Alex789
31st January, 2010, 03:02 PM
I made my last post and could see now that it disappeared from list of threads. Maybe it happened due changes in system time of forum server as i can see.

Sorry, everything is OK. My mistake.

goodtime
31st January, 2010, 08:42 PM
Sorry for delay. I missed your thread, because they move very quickly in this forum.

- 950 and 930 are different dumps, but with similar structure. So, if you don't have dump from
dash like yours, why not to make a test? You have nothig to loose, cause you can, always, put
corrupted dump back. I can upload a few same dumps more if want.

- I mearnt you can write my dump in eeprom with VAG K+CAN commander through OBDII or desolder
chip and use usual programmer.

- Put my dump in the cluster and install it in the car. Now your key will be refused and im*o
lamp go to stay on.

- Login is stored in ECU and dash. Dash contains im*o and CAN gateway also in eeprom.

- Get your car's login from ECU. You can upload ECU's dump here and we find it.

- Use VCDS (VAG Com) or Commander and open Instrument cluster controller (17 address). Enter my
login "00212" in "11-login" window (dash will be released and ready to be adapted to the another
car). Then go to adaption "10", choose channel 50 and press "read' button. In input field you'll
see "32000'. Enter login of your car and press "Test". In upper part of the screen (VCDS) will be
shown "Key is OK". Press "save", close controller and switch ignition off. After 1 minute switch ignition
on. If all was OK you will be able to start the vehicle.

- VIN of your car will appear in dash instead of old one. That's all.

You don't need to readapt your keys!
Having both logins you don't need to make dash virgin!

I use original VCDS and AVDI (VAG K+CAN commander). Unfortunately commander can extract login
from such dash when connected to the car only.

If you have more questions pls share them.

Best wishes and have success.

Alex

Hi

I have uploaded my corrupted dump file that i took from dash..
Could you find pin from it?

and how much you paid for original vag commander?..
I'm trying to buy one but.. it seems hard to find the original one for me.

I can read/write eeprom directly but I'm not so sure it has 0% error because it's custom. so I wanna have an original vag commander. if i had it i could find pin myself though.

I'm sharing my experience with you guys.
Help me please.

Thank you!.

Alex789
31st January, 2010, 09:18 PM
Hi.

I wrote that commander shows pin of this dash when it connected to it directly.
www.Abritus72.com VAG Commander BMW Commander HITAG-2 key programmer (http://www.abritus72.com/products.html) official site. You can find prices there. I use one for more than 2 years and paid too much, because have many options of special functions for VAG, full set for Opel, Tango and Hitag-2 programmers. You can calculate by yourself. In your case you need base cable AVDI 720 euro with "Special functions for VAG" - AN006 - Odometer/PIN by K-line 300 euro.
But, if you are able now to read/write eeprom of this dash, you need to find good dump with known pin and adapt your dash only.
I think that you've read your dump correctly.

goodtime
3rd February, 2010, 08:35 PM
Hi.

I wrote that commander shows pin of this dash when it connected to it directly.
www.Abritus72.com VAG Commander BMW Commander HITAG-2 key programmer (http://www.abritus72.com/products.html) official site. You can find prices there. I use one for more than 2 years and paid too much, because have many options of special functions for VAG, full set for Opel, Tango and Hitag-2 programmers. You can calculate by yourself. In your case you need base cable AVDI 720 euro with "Special functions for VAG" - AN006 - Odometer/PIN by K-line 300 euro.
But, if you are able now to read/write eeprom of this dash, you need to find good dump with known pin and adapt your dash only.
I think that you've read your dump correctly.

I uploaded my ecu dump..

:Instrument
kombi + wegfahrs. RB4 D37

:ECU
712516 4.2
8E0910560B

:login PIN

Let me explain my situation.

I wrote down a new data to my eeprom.
I plugged my cluster into the car.
ignition on, and started the engine,
it says, starting engine has been blocked by immobilizer.

and on the cluster I just see 4 lamps.

"air bag", "traction", "batter", "IMMO"

I pushed "Mode" button on the cluster.
The center LCD showed me random crap.
and rpm Needle and vehicle speed needle quivered for a sec at 0 position.

What weird thing is that date lcd and odo lcd have turned off.
I wrote back to original corrupted data to the dash, but nothing's been changed. I was able to start the engine before i flashing..

what should I try next...?..

Thank you!

chavita
11th July, 2010, 10:26 PM
Hello, what is your ECU type, by now i think is easier to take immo off or bypass the immo, please let me know if you have a ME7.1.1, read the 95040 or MED 9.xx attache the file for the immo chip and you would get it without immo, take on mind that on cluster you would have the immo flasshing and in the KM lcd you would have SAFE in the LCD, but anyway would be running, my best wishes, keep in touch.