PDA

View Full Version : tmobile payg on 2g pls advise

jumbopants
25th January, 2010, 08:05 PM
Hi, Just got a 3gs so I'm giving me old 2g to the girlfriend, I just ordered a tmobile PAYG sim (10 notes a month for unlimited web + txt's) I had the 2g on payg o2 but it was jailbroken.

I have run bootneuter 2.1 ready for when the tmobile sim arrives + to check it would then run on any network I lent my next door neightbour sim, It came up with ORANGE in the top left so was picking up the new network provider, but it would no go past the front screen saying new/different sim detected connect to itunes ! Thought I'd run blackra1n with the orange sim in again to skip this screen but just stays on the same front screen with the connect cable logo/different sim detected...!!

When I connect to itunes it says sim not supported/compatible ! If I put the o2 sim back in no problem with itunes + the phone lets me straight into the icons, but as soon as I put the orange sim back in get the different sim detected msg...!! Driving me nuts...:banghead:

Running 3.1.2 2G phone, Many thanks in advance for any help..

ianmac
25th January, 2010, 10:41 PM
The 2G iphones can be a pain to unlock with the latest 3.12 firmware.

As you have had the iphone with o2 for over 6 months you can get it legaly ulocked through o2 for FREE:

:wink:

Unlock my iPhone - iPhone (http://shop.o2.co.uk/update/unlockmyiphone.html)

I have done mine, just fill out the online form & it will be done within 2 weeks, so you can lagally use any sim in it.
A bit of advice, if you do do it this way restore the iphone through itunes to take off the old blackrain jailbreak/unlock before o2 unlock it, then when any iphone updates come out you can do them without having to ever worry about unlocking it again.

--------------------------------------

Also o2 do a simplicity sim only deal that I am on now my contract has ended with them, ?20 p/month, & you get:
600 mins,
1200 texts,
unlimited data,
unlimited wifi,
on a 30 day contract, so you only have to give them 30 days notice to end it.

Hope this helps...

--- Ian ---