PDA

View Full Version : kali live usb repair?

mikk
10th February, 2021, 11:29 AM
kali live usb/win7

MY pc was booted from the live usb (persistence), while in the suspended state it was removed. I guess it was corrupted as it will not boot from persistence now although it will boot from 'live' and 'fail safe' etc. Is there a way to repair persistence or will I have to format and start again?

kpme
10th February, 2021, 08:11 PM
Based on the info you provided the fastest and easiest way would be to create a new bootable USB if you don't have any important files there.

toyota123
12th February, 2021, 12:12 AM
kali live usb/win7

MY pc was booted from the live usb (persistence), while in the suspended state it was removed. I guess it was corrupted as it will not boot from persistence now although it will boot from 'live' and 'fail safe' etc. Is there a way to repair persistence or will I have to format and start again?
it will not corrup beacuse the live pc uses RAM to run OS from usb .... i think there is another problem , if you can explain more detailed i will help you .....

mikk
12th February, 2021, 02:52 PM
It attempts to boot then hangs before the kali menu screen. Not sure a screen shot is possible. The last line of script when it hangs -"Failed to start Daily man-db regeneration"

Went the format route but when I try to mount partition now I get - mount: /mnt/kali: can't read superblock on /dev/sdb1. Any ideas?

toyota123
8th March, 2021, 02:17 PM
It attempts to boot then hangs before the kali menu screen. Not sure a screen shot is possible. The last line of script when it hangs -"Failed to start Daily man-db regeneration"

Went the format route but when I try to mount partition now I get - mount: /mnt/kali: can't read superblock on /dev/sdb1. Any ideas?

it seems you have problem with drive sdb1 ...... and make sure you are ROOT ...