PDA

View Full Version : Alfa 156 2.0TS (ME3.1), immo reset/disable

Zulak
25th January, 2010, 09:18 PM
Hello,

I have purchased second hand ECU and now I have a problem with im*o of course. I'd like to get an original file of the ECU to reset it to virgin mode if possible. Another option is to disable the im*o completely.

Car: Alfa Romeo 156 2.0TS Selespeed (-00)
ECU type: Bosch Motronic ME3.1
ECU number: 0261204949
Software number: 1277356500

Thank you very much for any help!

ilian_cho
25th January, 2010, 09:39 PM
If you have the original ecu, just remove the epprom to the new one.

Zulak
25th January, 2010, 09:45 PM
If you have the original ecu, just remove the epprom to the new one.

If you have ever opened a ME3.1, you know it's impossible.

http://squadra-tuning.nl/oude_site/Overige/ECU-M155.jpg

I have the original ECU available and it's still working somehow. I have the hex-files from both ECUs if necessary..

Zulak
26th January, 2010, 01:00 PM
I tried to locate the eeprom for im*o in the ME3.1 ECU.

Here is a photo of the ECU.

http://i45.tinypic.com/15qb66b.jpg

This is the chip I found and the pinout I think is correct. Please check and correct me if I'm wrong.

http://i45.tinypic.com/ogceat.jpg

Thank you!

Zulak
26th January, 2010, 11:47 PM
Here is also the hex file from both of the ECUs.

losiosmak
27th January, 2010, 11:30 PM
How to reset autoadaptation in this ECU (ME3.1)?? In M1.5.5 is 0xFE command, but doesn't work with ME3.1

Zulak
28th January, 2010, 11:53 AM
How to reset autoadaptation in this ECU (ME3.1)?? In M1.5.5 is 0xFE command, but doesn't work with ME3.1

I had the same problem earlier. I used a lot of time to search for a method to reset this adaptive values but I didn't find any solution. I tried to send lot of different requests via KWP2000 protocol. If you want, I have the fiat document available for the communication.

Anyway, my problem was the Idle control adaptive value which was very high (2.02) because of faulty throttle body earlier. After throttle was changed, this value remained the same and idling was very high (>2000rpm) and oscillating sometimes.

I drove maybe 5000km without any change and finally changed some other faulty parts and this value started to decrease automatically. Faulty parts were gas pedal (another potentiometer signal not stable) and thermostat. My conclusion is that this value is not automatically adjusted if the engine controller is not in a normal state (fault code or temperature below regular).

For a while my idling was ok but now it's very stable 0rpm because of broken immo.

losiosmak
28th January, 2010, 07:16 PM
In my Bravo (2.0 HGT, 1999y, Motronic ME3.1) reseting autoadaptation of motorized buterfly casing is very simple. Just disconnect buterfly casing for 30min. Then connect, switch key to ON position (do not start an engine, only switch on power) for 60sek, then switch to off for 10sek and start an engine.

During this 60sek in first 30sek climate control will check min/max position of hot/cold air actuator and in second 30sek you'll hear baterfly casing checking min/max position.

Problem is to reset TRA (multiplication factor) and FRA (additional factor). These two modificates engine characteristic.

Meat-Head
28th January, 2010, 09:12 PM
there was a simular thread on here a while ago, and the user linked a pdf file which was a credit card eeprom, but would like to see it, but can't find it, did try searing, but no luck!

Nice photos, impreased with your work, well done.

Zulak
29th January, 2010, 01:09 PM
In my Bravo (2.0 HGT, 1999y, Motronic ME3.1) reseting autoadaptation of motorized buterfly casing is very simple. Just disconnect buterfly casing for 30min. Then connect, switch key to ON position (do not start an engine, only switch on power) for 60sek, then switch to off for 10sek and start an engine.

During this 60sek in first 30sek climate control will check min/max position of hot/cold air actuator and in second 30sek you'll hear baterfly casing checking min/max position.

Problem is to reset TRA (multiplication factor) and FRA (additional factor). These two modificates engine characteristic.

Yes, this is correct. It will calibrate the throttle valve again after this "reset" but adaptive value for idle control is not reset. You can check this by yourself with diagnostics software.

losiosmak
29th January, 2010, 07:44 PM
But after that adaptation in my ECU ISC (Idle Speed Control) Self-Adaptation changes to normal values (~0,3deg) in couple of minutes. Check below parameters:

Throttle Valve Lower Limit Self-learning Terminated Correctly - should be TRUE
Throttle Valve Lower Limit Self-learning inhibition - FALSE
Throttle Valve Lower Limit Self-learning underway - FALSE
Throttle Valve Lower Limit Self-learning Memorised -TRUE

Zulak
2nd February, 2010, 10:18 PM
Here is the hex dump from immo box.

How to make it virgin again?

Badger-
27th April, 2010, 07:34 AM
Here is the hex dump from im*o box.

How to make it virgin again?

I dont think virginising the immo box will help but the pin code is-
Pin Code: 42369

euroscan
1st August, 2010, 02:08 PM
hm, E9, E5, 43 this is true

injectorlab
30th September, 2010, 03:24 PM
Pls, explain in detales, how these digits E9, E5, 43 are obtained from those 42369? What algo is used.

euroscan
5th October, 2010, 07:35 PM
- must use immo-calculator.

--
http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/7118/szpilkiwhybrydzie.th.jpg (http://img821.imageshack.us/i/szpilkiwhybrydzie.jpg/)
--

gjpadron
27th October, 2010, 04:52 PM
Dear Euroscan:

I have the following problem:

I need to change the ECU H?brida M1.5.5 for an Alfa Romeo 156 and i don't know the Pin Code because the immo doesn't have a serial memory. Only come a Microprocessor without a serial memory- The Micro has 44 pines and i do not know which is the pinout for reading it.

I need a dump for the ECU h?brida M1.5.5 for Alfa Romeo with Immo OFF in order to write the ECU with galletto.

If you have not the dump with IMMO OFF, I would like to know:

- ?Do you have some dump for 24C16 for this ECU?
Would you please post it?

- Do you know if the Pin Code is in the 24C16 too? ?In which part (hex address)?.

I need to know how tor read the Pin Code on the ImmoBox which doesn?t have serial memory.

Or I need a dump for the ECU with Immo OFF in order to write the ECU with galletto.

Thank on advance.

GJPadron

GJPadron.

- must use immo-calculator.

--
http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/7118/szpilkiwhybrydzie.th.jpg (http://img821.imageshack.us/i/szpilkiwhybrydzie.jpg/)
--

brchip
2nd December, 2010, 06:22 AM
I found a immo off file for the ME3.1 but I'm not sure how to use it. I've written it to the ECU but it's still coded.

Does anyone know how to immo off a ME3.1? Thanks in advance!

kasim_izmir
12th April, 2011, 01:14 PM
I tried to locate the eeprom for im*o in the ME3.1 ECU.

Here is a photo of the ECU.

http://i45.tinypic.com/15qb66b.jpg

This is the chip I found and the pinout I think is correct. Please check and correct me if I'm wrong.

http://i45.tinypic.com/ogceat.jpg

Thank you!
Who can read and write eeprom from this ecu :afraid:
i can pay for this procedure ?????

BR
kasim

darwins
23rd May, 2011, 11:21 AM
Any one have a virgin reset solution for this ECU ?
I'm happy to pay for your knowledge!

Thanks

Darwins..

euroscan
23rd May, 2011, 03:25 PM
- make boot mode, SDA to gnd.
- upload immo-off file
- reconnect SDa pin.
- upload original file.
- i have yet to see this procedure

brchip
9th July, 2011, 03:40 AM
Hi euroscan,

Do you have a immo off file for this ecu?

Thank you!

jeg
24th July, 2011, 03:05 PM
Hello,

I have purchased second hand ECU and now I have a problem with im*o of course. I'd like to get an original file of the ECU to reset it to virgin mode if possible. Another option is to disable the im*o completely.

Car: Alfa Romeo 156 2.0TS Selespeed (-00)
ECU type: Bosch Motronic ME3.1
ECU number: 0261204949
Software number: 1277356500

Thank you very much for any help!

Hi

Do you know the location of SDA and SCL pads for a ME3.11?

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/1354/sintapa.jpg

Thanks

i_shot_the_sheriff
22nd October, 2013, 11:59 AM
Hello,

This system is called ME7,3,1 too?

kugglefischer
22nd October, 2013, 12:21 PM
GOT question...
whats the spots marked SDA, AND SDL.....??

Thnaks

ps...nice pics!

ivo1404
16th October, 2015, 05:15 PM
I had the same problem earlier. I used a lot of time to search for a method to reset this adaptive values but I didn't find any solution. I tried to send lot of different requests via KWP2000 protocol. If you want, I have the fiat document available for the communication.

Anyway, my problem was the Idle control adaptive value which was very high (2.02) because of faulty throttle body earlier. After throttle was changed, this value remained the same and idling was very high (>2000rpm) and oscillating sometimes.

I drove maybe 5000km without any change and finally changed some other faulty parts and this value started to decrease automatically. Faulty parts were gas pedal (another potentiometer signal not stable) and thermostat. My conclusion is that this value is not automatically adjusted if the engine controller is not in a normal state (fault code or temperature below regular).

For a while my idling was ok but now it's very stable 0rpm because of broken immo.

I know this is few years old but do you still have the document for reseting adaptive value for throttle or remember the procedure. Alfa Romeo 156 2.0 selespeed Bosch Motronic 3.1 electric throttle body.
Thanks

TricoreMan
31st July, 2017, 09:04 PM
Im looking for somebody who is able to immo off, virginize, Alfa 156 ME3.1.<br><br>Anybody?

Michael28
20th March, 2021, 04:34 PM
ME7EEPROM programmer read. as 95080 . Clear to FF, instal to car. Ign on-15sec-ign off-15sec-Ign on-15 sec -off 15 sec. Start car. Tested OK in Alfa Romeo 156 ME3.1

multi666
13th April, 2021, 10:38 AM
hello i have the same problem , i make all eeprom ff?

Nico156
14th April, 2021, 10:44 AM
hi guys, i'm in the same situation. after cleaning the throttle body the idle oscillates between 1500 and 2000 rpm. the only solution is immo off of the ecu?

Sudnut
16th December, 2023, 08:24 AM
Hi, after a lightning strike on my garage roof I now have problems with either immobiliser or the ECU (Bosch ME3.1 0261204949) on my Alfa 156 2.0 TS Selespeed. Starter motor turns the engine but no start. I have the injector symbol on the dash. I have error U1600 with MultiECUscan. I have checked the ignition barrel antenna and resistance is ok at 7ohms. Have checked all fuses and relays and the connections to ECU and immobiliser. I believe the immobiliser is fried. Since I don't get any other fault codes I think the ECU might be ok. So now I am looking at coding out the immobiliser if possible. There is very little info for the ME3.1 so not sure if it is even possible. It has been a while since the above posts. Has anyone had any luck either deleting the immobiliser or virginizing the Bosch ME3.1 0261204949?

Sudnut
16th December, 2023, 08:26 AM
Apologies, accidental post, please delete.