PDA

View Full Version : PC TV cards what to buy

turbo101
8th October, 2008, 11:31 AM
Hi I have just bought my daughter a pc and I would like to add a TV tuner to it, please can you tell me if there is a pc TV tuner that does the same thing as a dbox2 or a dream box:questionmark::questionmark:. If not please can you give me some advice on the best card to buy.

The computer is running on
Vista home premium 64bit
4GB ram
Nvidia 9800gt graphics
core2quad q6600
750GB hard drive

Many thanks
Turbo101

sivhead
8th October, 2008, 02:26 PM
A Tv tuner is a DVB-T card this is not what you are after you require to view cable signals from your PC. you will need a DVB-C card. The most popular are form Technotrend and the FloppyDTV. dvbshop dot net sell them but theres not a requirement for them in the uk so you are better off searching from a supplier in Europe.

utdman
8th October, 2008, 02:38 PM
i have one spare dvb-c pci card

if you want it.
pm it works on windows xp.

Barryboy
21st October, 2008, 09:54 PM
As far as I am aware DVB-C cards are not legal in this contry (UK) so you would have to get one from the EU.

I am thinking of building a HTPC and can not see the reason of having a dreambox and a HTPC under the same telly if I can get a DVB-C card to work in the HTPC along the same lines as a dreambox.

I have not really delved into this yet but am sure their are many people here who know what or how to do this.

crazedguru
23rd October, 2008, 10:45 PM
Hi New to the UK and this forum, planning on building home theatre PC and want to add a couple of DVB-C cards not sure how much I should be paying ?

Also is there a site that lets you select the cheapest prices from among multiple online retailers, from NZ so constantly used the site PriceSpy - Compare prices for PC parts from New Zealand's online retailers (http://www.pricespy.co.nz) some extremely good prices for equipment from that site, hoping something similar here in UK.

Cheers:fight:

shady77
23rd October, 2008, 11:14 PM
try dealtime.co.uk

abdell1982
3rd November, 2008, 01:59 AM
for sattelite the sky2 is a good one